New mITX build advice please

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, I've build a new mitx box for under the TV, got a Kolink satellite case (Kolink Case Satellite Plus Mini-Tower Micro-ATX/Mini-ITX 2 USB 3.0 Ports Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories) and a MSI B450I Gaming with a ryzen 3600 and 1060 gtx. The cpu is running pretty hot and reaching 80+ with stock cooler, Does anyone have any idea of a good replacement cooler for it? I do have a 120m fan fitted pulling air out at the back as well. Space is limited so I dont want to risk buying something that wont fit! Thanks

Hi guys, I've build a new mitx box for under the TV, got a Kolink satellite case (Kolink Case Satellite Plus Mini-Tower Micro-ATX/Mini-ITX 2 USB 3.0 Ports Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories) and a MSI B450I Gaming with a ryzen 3600 and 1060 gtx. The cpu is running pretty hot and reaching 80+ with stock cooler, Does anyone have any idea of a good replacement cooler for it? I do have a 120m fan fitted pulling air out at the back as well. Space is limited so I dont want to risk buying something that wont fit! Thanks

Possibly the case, you're not pulling any cool air in, only exhausting.

Last edited:
Ideally you need an upright cooler like Stuart recommended so the airflow is in line with the rear fan although I think his is a little OTT for your needs and something like https://www.scan.co.uk/products/arc...et-cpu-air-cooler-with-92mm-fan-for-intel-amd might be more appropriate. If the Satellite case doesn't have clearance for that (but I think it does) then https://www.amazon.co.uk/Noctua-NH-...ua+NH-L9x65&qid=1612081519&s=computers&sr=1-4 is an excellent but pricey althernative. I use the Intel version of this in all my low-profile ITX builds.

Thanks guys, I dont think I could get a fan anywhere pulling air in, liking the idea of the vertical fan, I'll have to look at clearance on the height as there's a 3.5" drive along the top, eventually it will be replaced by an SSD, but that will have to wait a while.

Thanks guys, I dont think I could get a fan anywhere pulling air in, liking the idea of the vertical fan, I'll have to look at clearance on the height as there's a 3.5" drive along the top, eventually it will be replaced by an SSD, but that will have to wait a while.

Can you modify/mount a couple intake fans on the side grills? Shouldn't be to difficult.

Can you modify/mount a couple intake fans on the side grills? Shouldn't be to difficult.
I've had a look but there's no room, one side has a brace fitted for 2.5" drives, the other side is up against the gpu. The front is covered by the PSU. Only good thing is there's plenty room around outside! I've gone for the Arctic from Scan with a slimmer exhaust fan with a good pull on it to replace the fitted fan. I'll add a couple of photos when I fit them. I do like the case for it's simple style, but ventilation is a bit ropey. Never had much problem with a Ryzen 3 1200 in it, this Ryzen 5 3600 chucks out some heat though!

I've had a look but there's no room, one side has a brace fitted for 2.5" drives, the other side is up against the gpu. The front is covered by the PSU. Only good thing is there's plenty room around outside! I've gone for the Arctic from Scan with a slimmer exhaust fan with a good pull on it to replace the fitted fan. I'll add a couple of photos when I fit them. I do like the case for it's simple style, but ventilation is a bit ropey. Never had much problem with a Ryzen 3 1200 in it, this Ryzen 5 3600 chucks out some heat though!

See how it goes but is that 80 under load?

Back