New Nikon Body - recommendations?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

I've currently got a D3200, it's a good camera but it's a bit of a nuisance only being able to buy AF-S lenses to work with it. Thus i'm considering getting a new body, one that is more versatile and will work with a wider variation of lenses. Can anyone recommend? I would like to stay Nikon, and budget isn't such an issue at the moment.

Thank you.

If your budget can stretch to it, the d750 is a fantastic body, it's a better value buy than the d610 and should last you years.

D7100 or 7200, still DX but will accept more lenses, as it has the built in drive on the body. Picture quality very good, and easier on the adjustments for everything. Only had my D7100 for a month but pleased as punch with it, and now getting to press buttons and make adjustments with out thinking. Otherwise it's go FX and you DX lenses will only work in crop mode, but if making the jump to FX I would go as above to D750.

I had D3100 and D5100 previously.

Last edited:
Appreciate the responses guys, thank you! Looking into each of your recommendations right now. (Though the D7200 seems to have the most positive reviews so far.) =]

Like Paul said, depending on budget, the D750 is (pound for pound) the best DSLR in the Nikon line up at the moment.

just bumping this as i cant find another suitable nikon thread :) but is there no 810e? I was just browsing round and couldnt find one for sale anywhere!

DX...there's not too much in it between the D7100 and D7200. I personally think it comes down to budget (I know you said it's not an issue). I'd be tempted for a D7100 and a nice lens.

FX....The D750 is the king of Nikon at the moment. £ for £, the best all-round Nikon available imho. It currently has the most advanced AF system out of all Nikon's range, including the D4s.

I also agree with Badboy. I also own a D3 and D700 and love 'em. The D700 is brilliant for £5/600. Because you've said budget is not an issue, give the D750 some serious consideration.

Back