New Nikon D750 Not Sharp Images

Name
Mohammad
Edit My Images
No
I got my new Nikon D750, i have noticed it doesn't give sharp images as my previous Nikon D5100, i have tried my 50mm 1.8D lens on both cameras, but im not happy with the sharpness of the new D750 !!

Is there any test i can perform to make sure the D750 is working fine ?

Thanks ....

I got my new Nikon D750, i have noticed it doesn't give sharp images as my previous Nikon D5100, i have tried my 50mm 1.8D lens on both cameras, but im not happy with the sharpness of the new D750 !!

Is there any test i can perform to make sure the D750 is working fine ?

Thanks ....
Assuming you’re shooting at wide apertures the D750 will have more shallow depth of field and so will show up any focus errors or technique errors more than the D5100. Sometimes it takes a while to get used to a new camera, especially when changing formats.

One thing to check for is front/back focus. There’s various methods to check for this, but my preferred free method is the ruler/lined chart at 45 degrees. A quick google will explain how to do it

Another vote for front and back focus error checking and time to get used to the camera, you are not the first and will not be the last to not be happy when first using a new camera.

......... you are not the first and will not be the last to not be happy when first using a new camera.
This exactly, it almost always takes a while to start getting results you hoped for consistently from any major change

When I changed from DX to the FX D750 it was a revelation - finally achieving the shallow DoF 'look' I was after :)

I've not had any focus issues and, as others have said, I very much doubt its the camera's fault, though it could be a need for micro-adjustment (which I've never done either), so yes user error or expectation is most likely

Try the above suggestions and crack on, I'm sure you'll soon come to love it :)

Dave

Back