Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Harlequin565 - Memory Lane

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dmb

Edit My Images
No
For this theme, I want to see your old flames. Unless you managed to catch more than one in the same frame probably singular. This came to my mind as a possible subject a while ago when at the bottom of a tin from my parent's old house I found a negative I thought long lost. I have no idea where this old flame of mine is these days, just have fond memories of dancing to 'Nights in White Satin' at her 16th birthday.

Members of the forums whose spouses are also members may wish to abstain or think very carefully about their choice.

As usual the following rules apply.

Must be taken by you
Must be on film
Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back
One Entry per person

Entries will close at 8pm on Monday 4th November and voting will be open for 3 days after that.

Entries only in this thread. Discussion in the new composite discussion thread: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-old-film-challenge-discussion-thread.698995/

Yashica Electro, Ektar 1000, camera correctly chose the exposure settings, or so it seems.

The "inglenook" in my parents' house in 1973...

CS730A06 Inglenook.jpg

As you can see my father at this point wasn't a great fan of cutting his firewood (I've just realised that when this was taken he was a couple of years younger than I am now)! The saw-like devices on the frames were for holding the spit, from the days before the fire was built into the back of the hearth. The house was formerly the kitchen quarters for a larger house next door. (There is also a bread oven set into the wall to the right.)

Pentax Spotmatic, 55mm, Ektachrome

Hey Jill, look, I'm sorry, you and I both know that I have loads of shots where you look stunning, but this one is just... funny? You know? Anyhow, I think that you look amazing even in this pic of you rootling around your lovely nose. Yup, yer gorgeous.
Very early 1980's, probably a Yashica FXD, certainly Kodachrome, lens? Dunno.

JILL picking her nose largely cleaned.jpg

Fab theme David. I felt I had to enter this one because it's sent me down a memory lane rabbit hole for the last hour... I rescanned the neg and even so, it's not aged well.

From 1990 ish, the girl I met when I was just a bit too young still... Kodak cheapo film, and almost certainly a plastic point & shoot.

plustek-oldscan-01.jpg

Poll up - closes in 3 days - Nov 7, 2019 at 8:21 PM - 3 votes each

Back