New Old Film Challenge #152 - Song Title. *** RESULT ***

Choose your top three entries

• dmb - The biggest aspidistra in the world

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • simon ess - Too Much Monkey Business

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • FishyFish - (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay

• Andysnap - Going Underground, The Jam.

• RaglanSurf - From the Jam

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • ChrisR - My Father's Eyes...

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • excalibur2 - Lilli Marlene

• Lindsay56 - "Off the Hook" (Rolling Stones):

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Mrs Snap - Travis - Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

• Peter B - The windmills of your mind.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Mr Badger - Our House - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

• kenm - Last train to San Fernando

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • PeterSpencer - Monkey Man

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dmb

Edit My Images
No
Luckily I had made a list with some potential themes. This one "Song Title" seemed to be one that would be a bit like a well worn pair of slippers and not even need a shoehorn to allow your imaginations to wander through your archives.

As usual the following rules apply:
  • Must be taken by you
  • Must be on film
  • Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back.

One Entry per person

Entries will close Thursday 13th May and voting will be open for 3 days after that, so we will get the results after the weekend.

Entries only in this thread. Discussion in the new composite discussion thread: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-old-film-challenge-discussion-thread.698995/

Last edited:
My Father's Eyes...

CB1403PMXB08_Adj by Chris R, on Flickr

This was my entry for the 2014 TP F&C postcard challenge, to illustrate a song title. I used to dabble with the guitar (no really, dabble), and like my father, increasingly need glasses, so I guess I've got his eyes. I guess I also like constructing shots like this, although I confess I don't do it very often.

Also just realised I bought that guitar in Singapore in 1971, on a stopover on the way to Australia for a 2 year contract that turned into 20 years! At the same time I bought my first SLR, a Pentax Spotmatic that got swapped for an Electro Spotmatic then a Pentax ME (which I still have, now revived) before getting the charity shop MX used for this shot a year or so before the shot was taken, just after getting back into film. Not sure which lens, possibly the Tamron-f 85-210. Tri-X

Last edited:
Well with so many songs in the last 700 years you could find one for any photo.....and a bit of shoe horning I'll let you guess my one and a clue "There is a lantern and she is still in front of it"

DKGQyO8.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to go with Windmills of your Mind, but instead:

train6.jpg

Last train to San Fernando instead. Or Last train to Glasgow Central, if you prefer.

Tysley museum, Birmingham, Nikon FM2n, some sort of slide film, about 1994.

Last edited:
Back