New Old Film Challenge #18 Plants and flowers - discussion thread.

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Post here for your thoughts, Plants and flowers are photographed all the time so we should be able to find some interesting entries, good luck to all.

How old do entries need to be before they're generally considered "old" enough to enter in these competitions? Or is it a case of, as long as you took it before the theme was announced, it's ok? I quite often think I have some that fit the themes but the're often only a few months old at most so I'd feel a bit cheeky entering them :confused:

Carl, There has been no age recommendation other than the older the better,as long as the shot was taken by you and is in your back catalogue then it is OK to enter.

Well that's an easy one......everyone should enter unless they have always lived in the middle of the Sahara desert.

How old do entries need to be before they're generally considered "old" enough to enter in these competitions? Or is it a case of, as long as you took it before the theme was announced, it's ok? I quite often think I have some that fit the themes but the're often only a few months old at most so I'd feel a bit cheeky entering them :confused:

I've only been shooting film for a couple of years. I've entered weeks old photos - I reckon that as long as they weren't shot specially for the compo, it's better to take part than to abstain.

dragged one out of my archives from 2010, shot for the POTY competition, which that year had monthly themes based on a different technique each month, rather than a different subject. The shot I dropped in this challenge was for the "Cross Processing" round, which I'm happy to say I was one of a very, very few who actually entered a cross-processed entry, as opposed to a photoshopped one.

Just to let you know that the poll goes up tomorrow,so still time for some entries.

Back