• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter B

Double Numpty
Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
As we reach the landmark 200th challenge here, I would assume we all have prized film shots on the wall or otherwise in frames, pinboards, etc, so I've chosen "On display" as the topic. Let's see what pleases your eye on a daily basis.

As usual the following rules apply:
- Must be taken by you
- Must be on film
- Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date of this challenge.
- Discussion in the discussion thread (link below) rather than this Entries thread, please.
- Shoehorning and even Crowbars are positively encouraged!
Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back.
One Entry per person

Entries will close at high noon on Sunday 12th Feb, with voting open for 3 days after that.
Entries only in this thread please, discussions can be found HERE.

Last edited:
1206_001 copy JPEG5.jpg

Various pictures on display in my house, once upon a time. Horseman 760 6x9 view camera, Tri-X, lens unknown (unfortunately).

I can't claim any of these photographs to be original, more is the pity.

From top left, clockwise; Blue Note record cover (Dexter Gordon - A Swingin' Affair); crap clock; my dog taken by a friend; my dog again (having a pee - also taken by a friend); original cover photograph (Francis Wolff?).

Bessa R3a, Nokton 40mm f1.4, Velvia 50Asa. Taken in 2013 and the only one on my wall.

Albir sunrise.

img151TP comp Aug.jpg

I have a few frames on my wall that display some of my shots, these change over time but this one is one of my favourites and is a permanent fixture on my wall, it was taken in 2012 on a Mamiya C220, 80mm lens on Ilford Delta. It was printed by @joxby (thanks John)

Away from the glitz and glamour of Brentford High Street, hidden down a maze of backstreets is an area most tourists never see.
A canal-side community of barge dwellers, decaying industrial buildings and the occasional oddly positioned boat.
Squeezed in between the towpath and the more permanent buildings there are often small gardens, usually adorned with boating flotsam and jetsam, like this one.

2/52 Brentford Dock Garden, Mamiya C220 Delta 100-8 by Nick Watson, on Flickr

This little garden and many of the others that ran along the canal in Brentford have now disappeared, Brentford is undergoing massive regeneration and most of its industrial past has gone, not completely a bad thing but I miss the connection with the world of previous generations.

Brentford framed by Nick Watson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Taken about 45 years ago
probably Kodakchrome and Pentax S3
BBSltdE.jpg

Entries now closed and I'll be back later to put up the poll.

Poll now added and a fine set of shots to choose from. :)

A quick reminder that the poll closes at 4.19pm tomorrow so now might be a good time to cast those votes. :)

Thanks all....I think .
I'll have a think and sort it out tomorrow

Well done Andy a very good photograph and lovely light.

And as the door slams shut, it's a worthy win for @Andysnap just ahead of @Harlequin565 above a fine selection of other shots. Over to you for #201 Andy. :)
Lol. I didn't even vote as I forgot about it! I would have put one vote in for Andy so the win would have been less close. It was a fine shot. But as you say there were some other cracking ones on there too.

Well done Andy, fabulous shot, you should take the Mamiya out of the camera bag more often.

@Peter B I hadn't realised you'd arranged the poll so you couldn't possibly win (as no-one could have voted for you!)...

PS Andy's photo is... "awesome"!!!

Sorry for the delay in setting a new challenge, been a bit of a mad couple of days . Definitely sort it out tomorrow.

@Peter B I hadn't realised you'd arranged the poll so you couldn't possibly win (as no-one could have voted for you!)...

PS Andy's photo is... "awesome"!!!
I rectified my mistake pretty quickly and squeezed myself in below you Chris, so not a ploy to ensure I couldn't win! :)

Back