• Poll closed .

ChrisR

I'm a well known grump...
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
New Old Film Challenge #222, Autumnal

The last time "Autumn" came up it was #72, so since it seems to be all around us at the moment, lets' see your older autumnal film photos.

As usual the following rules apply:

- Must be taken by you
- Must be on film
- Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date of this challenge.
- Discussion in the discussion thread (link below) rather than this Entries thread, please.
- Shoehorning and even Crowbars are positively encouraged!

Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back.

One Entry per person only.

Entries close at 23:59 on26 November 2023 (or thereabouts), to be followed by 3 days for the poll after that.

Please keep all discussion and chit chat in the discussion thread: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...allenge-discussion-thread.698995/post-9389603

Someone needs to start, better be me I suppose. Fortuitous flare in this photo of Virginia Creeper from last autumn

000014930014 Virginia creeper.jpg

Pentax LX, SMC Pentax M 50/1.4, 2007-expired Reala 100, EI 50, dev/scan by FilmDev

Autumn 1967, Northfield, Birmingham. Student friends next to my car outside our digs. Agfa Silette, Kodachrome II.

877_064 copy JPEG 5.jpg

Some background.

1938 Ford Eight (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_7Y). This was my first car which cost me a massive £30. At this time I had just resprayed it during the previous summer break and swapped the original engine out for a Ford Prefect 1172 side valve, that gave it a big boost in accelerating to it's hairy 62 mph top speed. I changed it for a £25 1947 Riley 1 1/2 litre RMA soon after but I immediately had to change that engine which blew up when a valve dropped! Luckily I got a spare Riley for £12 and harvested the engine, transmission, instruments etc.

Closed, I'll add a poll later...

Poll added, remember anyone can vote...

A small but select set of images for this challenge; I enjoyed all of them, but this time @FishyFish just pips the others to the post (is that actually a working metaphor???). Anyway, it's over to you for the next challenge, NIge!

Back