New Old Film Challenge #29 ELEVATED Discussion thread

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Place all ELEVATED film challenge natter........here....

GO !

I'm not sure I'm up to it.

I really like Chris R's shot of Uluru - it's got a great sense of period (easy to place in the 70s/80s, I think) and that's cool.

And you're homesick already, aren't you, Matt? (The first British winter after moving from Oz is pretty tough, specially if it's mostly NOT cold enough for frost and snow!)

I'm a bit homesick, but this week has been lovely. I'm working up in Saffron Walden, so ride my bike from Audley End to work - British country side by sunrise and sunset is gorgeous.

Just keep waiting for a weekend to be clear so I can go shoot some of what I pass each day!

It looks like @Chrisphoter is not quite as young as his avatar suggests, if he really did take that shot from the Kop himself in 1974!

Going on the recent price increase/ elevation announcement, maybe omeone has an old photo of a fuji film canister to post!:ROFLMAO:

How many entries are allowed?

Only one per person, I think, but you can replace an existing entry at any time (at least, that's a rule I remember from a while back). @RaglanSurf dreamed this series up, so he might have an opinion...

How many entries are allowed?
Only one per person, I think, but you can replace an existing entry at any time (at least, that's a rule I remember from a while back). @RaglanSurf dreamed this series up, so he might have an opinion...
@ChrisR is right, only one entry per person but you can change your entry if you want to.

Some of the posted entries seem to challenge my idea of elevation, in that their angle of view isn't very far off the horizontal. In some images, the overall view is horizontal even if part of what's in the frame is looking down. Isn't compliance with the theme a bit hard to arbitrate?

Some of the posted entries seem to challenge my idea of elevation, in that their angle of view isn't very far off the horizontal. In some images, the overall view is horizontal even if part of what's in the frame is looking down. Isn't compliance with the theme a bit hard to arbitrate?
Just try not to think too literally Rog, it's a bit of fun (y)

Fair point but does it matter in the big scheme of things? We get a vote and each of us can base it on the various aspects of the picture along with its relevance to the theme. A selfie of me riding around on a bike dressed as clown would deserve no votes but we are all digging into our old stuff here so a bit of latitude is cool.

With these challenges we all need a bit of a crowbar now and then, if we're to match the theme... bit like a 52, but backwards... no, too much of a crowbar, that one! I'll stop now.:coat:

Last call for Elevated....

1 hour and however long it takes to eat M&T pie......and wash up..

Just found a suitable entry purely by chance as I'm very slowly working through old work to rid myself of certain unwanted memories.

Sifting through old photos can be a double edged sword in offering beautiful happy memories:) and at the same time some very heartbreaking ones:( which is why I haven't entered these old film challenges until this evening.

Once I complete my "clearout", finding winning shots will become a breeze:p , so watch out ...I'm ( on my way) back!!:D

Ok, poll up gang

submission thread closed to entries
3 votes.....1st 2nd and 3rd, I know I know but, if you play with feathers......you get tickled...:D
poll closes 7:30pm Sunday night

Back