New 'Old' Film Comp #8 - Discussion Thread

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Have a chat about it in 'ere.

Ooooh I might have something for this one!

easy peasy for the oldies here...can I enter 100 shots:D

h'mm on thinking maybe its not so easy as good old days could mean good for you but bad for someone else on some subjects.

Last edited:
2 in already, we're on a roll!

Oooh, some thinking then searching!

my god @joxby - that shot of the pithead baths at caphouse brought back some memories - I think Sharlston was built pretty much identical (albeit a fair bit bigger afaik). I should add, I never actually worked "down t'pit" but in my teens, there was a boxing club run by one of the local guys in one of the basement rooms of the Bathhouse/Canteen block and after spending a hour or two training/sparring, the pithead showers were the logical option - far better than running the mile and a bit back home to get one...

Put mine in! :D

my god @joxby - that shot of the pithead baths at caphouse brought back some memories - I think Sharlston was built pretty much identical (albeit a fair bit bigger afaik). I should add, I never actually worked "down t'pit" but in my teens, there was a boxing club run by one of the local guys in one of the basement rooms of the Bathhouse/Canteen block and after spending a hour or two training/sparring, the pithead showers were the logical option - far better than running the mile and a bit back home to get one...

Yeah, they were all exactly the same, standard issue NCB showers, I remember going to the pit head at Lofthouse looking for rolling stock wheel bearings, from which we used to knock out the "bollies" and play marbles.
There was a canteen and shower block just across from the pit head, the miners used to let us in for coal dusted rich tea biscuits and pop........all a long long time before H&S and trespass became the norm.
Lofthouse pit has been a housing estate for 20 years, 10 years before that it was our playground...lol

put mine in, how much more 'good old days' can you get than the good old british seaside? :whistle:

There's a kids 20p ride roughly where you stood to take that picture, and the last time I was there probably 2008, they'd just begun to put out portable open urinals after about 6pm, right there, right in front of BurgerKing, I dunno what they were thinking, I know they don't want dime bars peeing in the street but....seriously ?

got a picture somewhere.....

There's a kids 20p ride roughly where you stood to take that picture, and the last time I was there probably 2008, they'd just begun to put out portable open urinals after about 6pm, right there, right in front of BurgerKing, I dunno what they were thinking, I know they don't want dime bars peeing in the street but....seriously ?

got a picture somewhere.....

I get the logic of those portable urinals [albeit as a woman I find it rather annoying that we are expected to find a toilet, a guys ability to pee in the street is catered to] but why are they never discreet, at all?!?

I'm going in August..:banana:

rjmxld.jpg

NO.......just...no

edit......it does look almost unisex, might have to get a bit intimate with it but still..

lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Yv
OOOPS, should have put it here!
Thanks Yv.

I thought this comp closed on the 1st of March? :thinking:

Cheers Yv, I got 'Lost in space'!

Yes, yes I know, but I'm in that London at the mo and I don't know if they have t'interweb down ere....:)

I'll sort it out when I get back tomorrow, of for tea now then on to a comedy club later.....giggles and such.:D

Yeh, ok, just leave the important things until you've been out enjoying yerself, don't worry about us. :D

Last edited:
Yeh, ok, just leave the important things until you've been out enjoying yerself, don't worry about us. :D

Cool, I'll do just that. :D:banana::naughty:

I thought it was the film shot that was supposed to be old, Mark, not the subject!!!

OK folks this challenge is now closed. A voting thread will be up later today.

Andy

Back