New PCs fatal error

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Wife just phoned me at work an said new PC came up with fatal error and a sad face and won't turn back on!!!!
Does this mean the end or is it fixable?
Apparently made some "weird " noises before it shutdown.
Good job we backed our files up!

It depends how far it gets with start up before it stops.
Noises tend not to be a good sign.
There are very few moving parts- fan, hard disc, disc reader.

Normal way to rectify the situation is to enter safe mode and do a system restore.

Last edited:
If it is new i would get in touch with supplier. If all else fails anyway

Well it came back on and we managed to restore and all is fine again! So is there a way of finding out what happened and rectify the problem?
Thanks

There should be a fault report- Start, Control Panel, Action Centre.

It should be noted there, I think.

If it made a noise and died the hard drive would be my prime suspect. If it's new it's probably worth contacting the supplier, it may be back on now but it could go again anytime, and next time it goes off it may not come back on.

What OS has a "sad face" that accompanies a fatal error event? If there is no such system and event graphic it makes me wonder perhaps this is a malware crafted to increase CPU fan speed and trigger disk thrashing........maybe even play an audio file of "weird" noises. Hmmmm! seeing as the OP says a new PC would this be a user helpfull feature of Win 8.1 ???

As mentioned above have you asked the supplier what they make of it?

Now to google for OS fatal error messages because I hate a mystery :). Oh, what about the details of the error code???

Last edited:
What OS has a "sad face" that accompanies a fatal error event? If there is no such system and event graphic it makes me wonder perhaps this is a malware crafted to increase CPU fan speed and trigger disk thrashing........maybe even play an audio file of "weird" noises. Hmmmm! seeing as the OP says a new PC would this be a user helpfull feature of Win 8.1 ???

As mentioned above have you asked the supplier what they make of it?

Now to google for OS fatal error messages because I hate a mystery :). Oh, what about the details of the error code???
View attachment 43101

Back