New post icons

Which of the four options would you liked used here?

• Blue, Red

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Blue, Flashing Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue, Flashing Red

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Stay with current icons.

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Steve

New post icons

There has been a lot of discussion recently about the icons that are currently used to signify new posts / read posts with regard to who likes them and who doesn’t.

What I have decided to do is give everyone a chance to have a say. I have altered the animated gif somewhat and chosen four different options that I believe would be suitable. All that is left is for you to pick which of the options below you would like us to use.

Use you vote wisely as it is you that will be looking at the outcome on a daily basis :D

Option 1 - blue, red
ns_icon2-blue.gif
for read posts with
ns_icon2-red.gif
for new posts.

Option 2 - blue, flashing blue
ns_icon2-blue.gif
for read posts with
ns_animated_blue.gif
for new posts.

Option 3 - blue, flashing red
ns_icon2-blue.gif
for read posts with
ns_animated_red.gif
for new posts.

Option 4 - stay as we are
forum_old.gif
for read posts with
forum_new.gif
for new posts (as we currently use)

I have set the poll to run for 3 days only as this is the competition results weekend and I expect most of our regulars to visit at some point over the next few of days.

you didnt like the other one i did then!

Matt said:
Vote for #5 :D

forum_old.gif
Old posts
ns_animated_red.gif
I'd vote for 5 :thumb:

Actually I go straight to new posts and take no notice of these :flipoff:

No flashing please, flashing gets old very quickly.

I also don't like flashing ar all
and red is something like warning
maybe nothing for read posts
and a blue for new posts

and why not half size .. they seems very big

so ... i have not voted

These appear on the front of the forums and red has been chsoen to make the forums with new posts stand out. We are going to be using an icon for read and one for new posts, the software doesn't allow for no icon and even if it did we would still use one.

Maximum size is set but we could reduce the minimum, if we did though it would lose some of the detail in the icon.

One of the above options will be used, although we cannot force you to vote on any, not voting will be leaving the result upto everyone else.

it would be cool if you could have them face right instead of left

like this
canon.ico

EosD said:
it would be cool if you could have them face right instead of left

like this
canon.ico

That shouldn't be a problem, I will look at that once the final choice has been decided. :)

I think I'd like to see a static grey (or the slightly faded blue from above) for no new posts, and a black one for new posts.
However, make the black new post icon static, and not animated. Either with the flash off, or with the flash permanently on.

Just a thought.
But with the options available, I have voted for #1

There are an infinate number of options and what people individually would like. I have tried to give a reasonable choice from ones that will still fit in with the theme of the forums while not being to distracting but still making new posts easily available.

By the look of it a static blue/red is going to be used.

Back