New rally car...1st time DSLR user

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Well, this is one of the first pictures ive taken using a DSLR that I got Friday, on manual settings, after having a play about with the camera, I feel I understand the terms a bit now, rather than reading about it...

Anyhow...this is our new rally car...so thought i'd break in the new camera on the new car.

Crit & comments welcomed on the picture please, as i'm a total noob :)

Puma1.jpg

Thanks

The main thing is to watch your backgrounds as they can be messy and distracting. (y)

The main thing is to watch your backgrounds as they can be messy and distracting. (y)

Yeah I understand what you're saying there...unfortunately the car wasn't taxed, so I couldn't take it to any good locations...yet ;)

Thanks for the comment :)

Hi Martin, what is the planned first run out for the car? Being originally a fellow Carlisle lad, I hope it all goes well for you. Need to get some of the other toggers on here to get you in some action shots as well. Andy.

Hi Andrew, thanks for that.

The car needs a bit of a freshen up, but there is a slim chance we will take it out to Grizedale next Friday/Saturday...if not, it'll probably be on The Malcolm Wilson or something like that next year....

We're out in a Skoda Felicia (1st time in the car, after using a 205 for 2wd rallies last year) on the R.A.C Clubmans tomorrow though...snow should make it interesting!

We normally run an Impreza for the larger events though :)

I'll keep and eye for you on the Malcolm Wilson stages then next year, which is likely to be the next event I will manage to get to.

Beautiful car : love the lamps.
Is it a ford Puma?

It is indeed, it's a Puma Super 1400cc, built to full kit car spec, and was the Scottish rally championship winning car 2 years in a row a couple years back....

I'll keep and eye for you on the Malcolm Wilson stages then next year, which is likely to be the next event I will manage to get to.

Thanks mate, nice one :)

Great photo for a begginer! Good car too.

Welcome to TP.

Back