Critique New Raynox 250 - Fly & Bee

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Arrived today, all I could find in the garden to start practising the technique of moving back and forwards to focus. Using a 100mm macro with the Raynox and natural light.

8N2A8982-1-2 by Mr Seahorse, on Flickr

8N2A8956-1-2 by Mr Seahorse, on Flickr

Hi Mike, great start with these 2 subjects, No 1 is a little bright and a little less in No 2 so maybe your lighting needs a looking at imo, what lighting was you using?
Practice makes perfect so keep shooting away and look forward to seeing your shots here.

You should be able to get in real close with the macro lens and raynox attached, are you focussing manually? If so, you can close the distance on the focus and then lean into the image. These look like a great start though!

Do you have a spare crop body? I find the full frame a bit harder to get in and fill the frame without almost touching the bug, so I tend to use the 600d - I know its basically a crop anyway, but the pixels are there to make up for a crop in the editing software to get a bigger view.

If you have a set of extension tubes hanging around (hopefully electrical ones), plop on the 13mm to the maco, plus your DCR250, you'll have to get in closer and maybe add a flash and diffuse system but you'll be able to get some very tiny bugs up real close

Great start into macro Mike, it's a fascinating part of photography and very addictive. It can also be very challenging, looking forward to seeing some more of your work.(y)

George.

Back