new rig- evo vi tommi mak

Great rig shots. A little too blue on the white balance for me, but not notch PPing to remove the rig and that.

Will, I speak honestly;

I've seen lots of rig shots on here and only as someone who likes looking at images of car (but not taking them), I can see they offer a big advantage in capturing moving images as opposed to statics. The problem for me has always been that a nice car doesn't always make a great rig shot - the lighting, the angle, the actual surroundings all add up to the final shot. I haven't been impressed by a lot of rig shots of late, seeing them as a bit of an indulgence to some, even when teamed up with amazing cars, but those first shots of the Evo are some of the best I've ever seen. The processing, the lighting and the mirroring of the straight lines of the ceiling in the distinct lines of the car just make them somewhat 'wow!' for me. (y)

5629119432_b747e43dbf_b.jpg

not too sure about that one...

Thats a bit too close!:wacky::bonk:

amazing pics, love them. and freeekin oresome car! haha!! this is me being green with envy!!!

g

nice shots, I saw you posted the exif for the first shot, but how fast was the car being driven? I've heard you don't need (or want) to be moving very quickly when making these kind of shots so as to reduce bumps/vibration on the rig and with a longer exposure you still get the sensation of the car moving at speed?

I've only just watched the vid, and I'm glad I did now! Amazing work and effort gone into that!

nice shots, I saw you posted the exif for the first shot, but how fast was the car being driven? I've heard you don't need (or want) to be moving very quickly when making these kind of shots so as to reduce bumps/vibration on the rig and with a longer exposure you still get the sensation of the car moving at speed?

5 second exposure - about 1/2mph :)

The engine running adds vibration to the rig, so it's best not to drive it if possible. Slightly downward slopes are your friend (y)

The best bit is that it doesn't matter if you're going forward or backward - the effect is the same :D

5 second exposure - about 1/2mph :)

The engine running adds vibration to the rig, so it's best not to drive it if possible. Slightly downward slopes are your friend (y)

The best bit is that it doesn't matter if you're going forward or backward - the effect is the same :D
nice advice! im wanting to do some rig shots but dont have a rig :(

Back