New SatNav Time!!

Edit My Images
No
Planning to get a new SatNav as the old one has gone bust[not stolen :D]. Any suggestions anyone? :)

I've got the go 920 which is great, also acts as a hands free for the mobile. Not sure about what's been improved in the 950 but it should be good.

If your after a decent budget one the binatone ones arent to bad, im not sure how the display compares but mines always used with headphones and in a case since im on the motorbike, seems pretty accurate

If you have an android phone with ver 2.1 on it, use google maps, cheaper than buying a satnav.

I've only ever used the TomTom One's and they have proved superb, why bother spending money on anything else..

i have always used tom toms myself and have just put it in my iphone 4 and it is superb on there

Having used a Tom Tom for a long time, and a Garmin for a short time [ had it not been in a rental car I would have thrown it out of the window on many occasions], I would go for a Tom Tom any day.

I've the nexus 1 ver 2.2 ,it has both sat nav and google maps ,and if you get lost you can phone for help :D

Meant to say ... sat nav works real fan

Last edited:
My Garmin is, shall we say interesting. It doesnt differentiate between shortest and quickest. Apparently the quickest way to get to Tooting from Leicester is straight through the centre of London.

I find with mine to plan the route first, and have an idea of where you are going, then really use it when you are getting close to the final destination. For that I cant fault it. I travel to lots of town centres around the country (visiting our stores) and its always got me there.

Having said that, I typed in High Street, Solhull on Monday and ended up in some village a few miles away.

My Garmin is, shall we say interesting. It doesnt differentiate between shortest and quickest. Apparently the quickest way to get to Tooting from Leicester is straight through the centre of London.

I find with mine to plan the route first, and have an idea of where you are going, then really use it when you are getting close to the final destination. For that I cant fault it. I travel to lots of town centres around the country (visiting our stores) and its always got me there.

Having said that, I typed in High Street, Solhull on Monday and ended up in some village a few miles away.

Thats just what really irritated me about my Garmin and made me rather pleased that I dropped it and had to replace it

In one word TOM TOM (2 in fact)

I bought a Garmin at christmas and there is no way I would buy another one.:bang::bang:

It cannot cope with London for a start, freezes every time I get there and then sends you all the cock eyed routes.

We were going to Surrey for a job and it took me off of the M25 (and I was only within 1.5 miles of the destination) then it took me all round the roundabout then put me back on the M25 in the opposite direction and told me in 1 mile to turn LEFT :thinking: no left turn unless I went up the embankment over a hill and into the distance :LOL: then the final straw I was travelling on the M4 and it told me to turn right in 1 mile :bang: :help: (to cross the central reservation)

If I haad listened to it I would not be here today, took it back to the shop, argued with them and Garmin who told me it was a "user error":wacky:, anyway in the end after threatening to take the to Trading Standards, upgraded and bought a Tom Tom live - brilliant.

DO NOT BUY GARMIN, AFTER SALES CR*P)

Dedicated sat nav systems are almost a thing of the past in my opinion. If you have a decent (ish) budget, I would definitely opt for a phone with GSM on. You get the phone, a media player, e-mails, sat nav and a happy snaps camera all in one these days...

Snooper S7000...........(y)

I use a Tomtom 1 all day at work, the only thing wrong with it is the maps are out of date but that's not it's fault. At home I have a Tomtom GO910 and it's the dogs :) I can only imagine the new range of GO are going to be even better (y)

Tom Tom without hesitation.

Stupidly just sold mine as my Nokia Mobile comes with Ovi maps and thought I could rescue a but of money by doing away with the Tom Tom, how wrong I was, every journey has been a nightmare and resulted in going back to road maps:bonk:

Back