New Scanner (to Me) Epson 4490

Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I just managed to unpack the scanner I purchased of a member here, an Epson V4490, set it all up grabbed the software off t'interweb. Ran a few scans, came out a bit dusty and grubby so had a good look at the glass and yep grubby, needs a clean.... 30 mins later scanner in bits all glass washed and cleaned to gleaming, back together and hey presto cracking scans..!! :LOL:

All for £65 well impressed !

Also found great use for the wifes hair dryer after putting the film in the loading jobbie, give them a nice blast on cool, strips off any dust and super clean scans every time :p

Dust is a PITA:-

If you're wondering exactly how many skin cells fall off, get ready for some staggering numbers. Scientists estimate that the human body is made up of around 10 trillion cells in total. Your skin makes up about 16 percent of your body weight, which means you have roughly 1.6 trillion skin cells [source: BBC]. Of course, this estimate can vary tremendously according to a person's size. The important thing is that you have a lot of skin cells. Of those billions of skin cells, between 30,000 and 40,000 of them fall off every hour. Over a 24-hour period, you lose almost a million skin cells [source: Boston Globe].
Where do they all go? The dust that collects on your tables, TV, windowsills and on those picture frames that are so hard to get clean is made mostly from dead human skin cells. In other words, your house is filled with former bits of yourself. In one year, you'll shed more than 8 pounds (3.6 kilograms) of dead skin. It gets even grosser: Your house is also filled with trillions of microscopic life forms called dust mites that eat your old dead skin.

, your house is filled with former bits of yourself. .

Is it possible to clone all those bits tucked away in corners and remake a former self when i was fitter, better looking and less jurrasic?? :D

Hot, dry climate ( most of the time), located next to a busy road does nothing to help my fight with dust, then of course there are two cats that appear to malt 365 days a year! :D

Sounds like you got yourself a good buy there Paul.

Is it possible to clone all those bits tucked away in corners and remake a former self when i was fitter, better looking and less jurrasic?? :D

...but the new Asha might hate photography and beer :LOL:

...but the new Asha might hate photography and beer :LOL:

and to think he might be "mixed" with the cells from other folk :puke: .... oh lord, it's making my skin crawl! :D

Can someone get this thread back on topic pleeeease :LOL:

and to think he might be "mixed" with the cells from other folk :puke: .... oh lord, it's making my skin crawl! :D

Can someone get this thread back on topic pleeeease :LOL:

:LOL: but haven't you noticed on forums when being strictly on topic ends the thread or reduces the posts, more people join in with diversions :LOL:

Back