New season, new style

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
First day of the new season and I was determined not to churn out the same old jump and dirt shots. So, tried a lot more slow synch flash, some high speed flash, some work some don't. Hit rate went way down :(

ML1W3269.jpg

ML1W3438.jpg

ML1W3843.jpg

Only one in set without flash
ML1W3168.jpg

ML1W3263.jpg

ML1W3946.jpg

Number 2 and number 3 for me. All though I think the set gives a great sense of speed and motion

1 and 5 are kinda pressing my buttons. (y)

WOW!!:eek: now thats different Dod ,really like the whole set :clap::clap:

Nearly, nearly there, like where you are going with this, hope you persevere

Nearly, nearly there, like where you are going with this, hope you persevere

That's exactly how I'm feeling about some of them. Technique's the issue, panning at slow shutter speed and wide angles with guys going literally just past your head aint easy ;)

I really, really like #2, gives a great sense of speed & movement.

Hmmmmm you've given me some inspiration.. Thanks !

The sharp shots are done to death,and often are boring,been there myself countless times,and these go to show what can be done .Great stuff,well worth persevering with.
Pons

Great set Dod, number 1 makes my eyes funny but its still my fav :clap:

Next question, do you know where can I go and have a go at this stuff somewhere nearish to nth London? A Nikon owning biker friend fancies it aswell just for a bit of fun, something we havent done before.

Dod, looks like you and sean had a great day , cant believe I missed it , will make sure I am there next month...............nice set, the flash thing seems to give some interesting results..

Dod, looks like you and sean had a great day , cant believe I missed it , will make sure I am there next month...............nice set, the flash thing seems to give some interesting results..
Maybe catch up with ya at one of the meets (y)

I really like these... Used to mx when I was abt 8-13yrs old !!!! Hope there is something on at Canada Heights near Brands Hatch as would love to try my luck with some picture taking.

I really like these... Used to mx when I was abt 8-13yrs old !!!! Hope there is something on at Canada Heights near Brands Hatch as would love to try my luck with some picture taking.
It's a blast believe ,no other motorsport ,except rallying maybe,lets you get so close to the action .too close sometimes.Plus you get to know some of the riders and they'll maybe look straight at you or give it a bit extra in the corners or of a jump :LOL:

It's a blast believe ,no other motorsport ,except rallying maybe,lets you get so close to the action .too close sometimes.Plus you get to know some of the riders and they'll maybe look straight at you or give it a bit extra in the corners or of a jump :LOL:

Oh yes, hang on ;)

(y) Yep, they do it for me. I keep trying to get shots like these but it's sooooooooo hit and miss. Mainly miss :(

lets you get so close to the action .

Right, this shots crap but I'm sitting on the grass and they're trying to see how close they can get and giving you a shout on the way past :LOL:. When you say these guys are going past your head it's literally that, taken at 20mm ;)

ML1W3303.jpg

Back