New Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN

Name
Mr Compatible Ink
Edit My Images
No
I have some credit with WEX and i quite like the look of the new Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN lens for my m43 camera's.

Key Features: Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens

Designed for mirrorless cameras: Sigma have designed the 16mm f/1.4 with mirrorless users in mind.
The Micro Four Thirds version is ideal for cameras such as the Panasonic Lumix GH5 and GH5, while the Sony E mount version is ideal for Sony cameras such as the A6500 or the A7 series (in crop sensor mode)

Art series quality – Contemporary series price: Sigma’s Contemporary series contains their most affordable lenses, however this doesn’t mean that quality is sacrificed.
Sigma are so confidence in the performance of the 16mm f/1.4 Contemporary that they say it rivals that of their premium ‘Art’ series

Ultra-wide aperture: The 16mm Contemporary boasts a wide aperture of f/1.4, making it ideal for shooting in low-light conditions, while also giving the user greater control over depth-of-field in their image

Smooth autofocus: An internal stepping motor ensures smooth autofocus performance which makes it suitable for shooting video

Ideal for cropped sensor mirrorless cameras: The Sigma 16mm f/1.4 Contemporary Lens comes in both Micro Four Thirds and Sony E mount variants.
The MFT version is ideal for mirrorless cameras such as Panasonic’s GH series (GH4 & GH5) while the Sony E mount version was designed with cameras such as the Sony A6500, or A7 full-frame models (when used it cropped sensor mode)

Dust and splash-proof: A special sealing around the lens protects it against the elements, meaning you don’t have to stop shooting as soon as a little drizzle comes your way

Has anyone got one? Or tried one?

I'm sure it's a very nice lens but it looks a bit big. I'd stick with the smaller Oly 17mm f1.8 which may not be as good but still good enough :D

Good luck with the Sigma if you go for it, I'm sure the optical quality will be very good.

I seen a review on this that mentioned manual focusing on this lens was a bit iffy, that was more for video though.

This or the Pana-Leica 15mm 1.7, hmmm? One is brighter, but much bigger and heavier, the other is tiny, light and just half a stop behind but a little wider

Both are about the same price on Amazon

I'm sure it's a very nice lens but it looks a bit big. I'd stick with the smaller Oly 17mm f1.8 which may not be as good but still good enough :D

Good luck with the Sigma if you go for it, I'm sure the optical quality will be very good.

Size matters mate ;)

Back