New Sigma 24-70mm 2.8 HSM Lens £699

TG.

Name
Tel
Edit My Images
No
Looks like Microglobe now have this in stock for £699 look here well over priced i reckon, but i guess this has a lot to do with the falling £, anyway i won't be getting one anytime soon :thumbsdown:

Looks like Microglobe now have this in stock for £699 look here well over priced i reckon, but i guess this has a lot to do with the falling £, anyway i won't be getting one anytime soon :thumbsdown:

Look on the bright side...they've marked it down by £200. :eek:

I got the non HSM in Jessops sale for £234.

That'll do nicely thank you.:)

Just got the Sigma 24-70 for MPBPhotographic for £179 plus delivery, sounds like a bargain to me

Yes sold my non HSM one last year, think i'm regretting it now :(

No, it was always going to be this price.

Its £500 less than a Nikkor 24-70,...

I'm quite happy with my super sharp, super small, super awesome 24-60 that was picked up for a small sum of £44 :D

Lucky fella :D i'm sure i read reports that this was actually better than the 24-70mm, whats your thoughts.

I'm tempted to try it, but tbh I'm really happy with my Tamron 28-75 in this area.

Well as far as function goes, the 24-60 is much better than the 24-70, since the 24-70 has some weird ring on it to change between focusing modes, plus it's massive.
As far as sharpness goes, I think it's much of a muchness.

i would like to see some indepth reviews before even considering buy it but a fast lens in this range is my next purchase. Its smaller than the L series and with HSM i hope its a worthy contender. We may see some improvement on price once availability and demand happen.

i would like to see some indepth reviews before even considering buy it but a fast lens in this range is my next purchase. Its smaller than the L series and with HSM i hope its a worthy contender. We may see some improvement on price once availability and demand happen.

I remember the good old days when the 24-70L was less than £700 :(

Well as far as function goes, the 24-60 is much better than the 24-70, since the 24-70 has some weird ring on it to change between focusing modes, plus it's massive.
As far as sharpness goes, I think it's much of a muchness.

I thought the 24-60 was much the better lens too.

I've mentioned this a few times, but everyone still buys the 24-70 anyway!! :)

i would say the 24-60 is the better lens, dont get me wrong the 24-70 is good but i prefer the 24-60

wont sell this one though, looks pin sharp, need to test the 24-70 more though

Back