New Sigma Lenses

Looks alright, I wouldnt expect the image quality to be great. It isnt an EX lens and the max aperture @ 200mm is a only f6.3. The sigma OS is as good as the others, except VRII but was known to be clunky on the 80-400 OS. Will be an interesting lens, if the price is right and if they can supply enough of them.

King.

Looks alright, I wouldnt expect the image quality to be great. It isnt an EX lens and the max aperture @ 200mm is a only f6.3. The sigma OS is as good as the others, except VRII but was known to be clunky on the 80-400 OS. Will be an interesting lens, if the price is right and if they can supply enough of them.

King.

Agreed. Aside from the Nikon equivalent, the tamron 18-200mm should compete with this rather well.

Depends what you want to use it for but I found even my Sigma 18-125mm f3.5-5.6 too slow.

THat f6.3 apperture at the long end is way too slow. You'll need a lot of light to make use of it.

None of the 10x zooms are all that great, IQ is just average. That includes the Tamron 18-200.

The 18-50 however is a nice lens as is the Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4. Either would be fine (I'd prefer the 18-50 as the apperture won't need to change as you zoom out).

Cheers
JD

Back