new site feedback please

i think it could do with some kind of menu at the top. so people dont have to scroll down to get to the galleries.

you could have an intro on the 1st page then menu links to - bird gallery - macro gallery - contact page etc. it would make it easier to navigate

just my 2 cents worth.

you have some great images on there though!

Some fantastic images there Lea (y)

As for the website, it looks like a good start but there's something missing to me, maybe a little more about you and your photography. I do like the simplicity of it though :)

Hey, here's what I see:
Home page
Title of the site is just "home". Make it something like "Natural Essex - Home"
Refine the main paragraph - grammar and punctuation etc
Change "Click Image to ..." to something like "Click the above image to..."

Gallery
Same with the title of the page - "Natural Essex - Gallery"

Individual Galleries
I love the little app you're using to present the images when you click on them. v.nice :]
Title of the pages say "Page 4" and "Page 3"
Each page has a Next button (which is a little unreadable), which direct to empty pages

Sorry if that's a load of bad. What I do like is the simplicity of the site, and the fact that it's easily navigable. The colours are pleasant and neutral, which makes the images more prominent :]

I hope you take the above as constructive - it does kind of look like I'm ripping it to pieces. That is not what I am intending on doing.

thanks for the comments and suggestions so far guys this is still a work in progress

Hey, here's what I see:
Home page
Title of the site is just "home". Make it something like "Natural Essex - Home"
Refine the main paragraph - grammar and punctuation etc
Change "Click Image to ..." to something like "Click the above image to..."

Gallery
Same with the title of the page - "Natural Essex - Gallery"

Individual Galleries
I love the little app you're using to present the images when you click on them. v.nice :]
Title of the pages say "Page 4" and "Page 3"
Each page has a Next button (which is a little unreadable), which direct to empty pages

Sorry if that's a load of bad. What I do like is the simplicity of the site, and the fact that it's easily navigable. The colours are pleasant and neutral, which makes the images more prominent :]

I hope you take the above as constructive - it does kind of look like I'm ripping it to pieces. That is not what I am intending on doing.

hi ya m8, i have changed a few of the things that you mentioned. its getting a little late now so will do some more tomorrow. the two next buttons that go to blank pages were put in because i am going to put some more images on them tomorrow and i just left the other two dissabled for when i add more pages if that makes sense. will sort the grammar and punctuation etc out tomorrow as well.
thanks for your input really appreciate it

Some feedback from me:

The homepage navigation isn't very clear, there also seems to be a lot of wasted space within the frame i.e. the main copy starts halfway down the screen.

There are a lot of samey shots in the gallery, although I'm quite often guilty for that, with motorsport shots. On the 3rd bird gallery there is a "Next" button, but it doesn't work, also as said above the text is hard to read.

I do like the colour scheme and the viewer you use when an image is clicked on, although a bit more text would help, say labels under the thumbnails.

Dont like the design or nav (lack of), but the speed of the site is great. (y)

I really like the layout of the site, it is nice and clear. I also really like the image gallery.

However the previous and next buttons on the bottom of the gallery are quite unclear, especially when you roll the mouse over them (Or that is my opinion anyway). The pictures are absolutely stunning though.

I would also remove some of the images. There are a lot of very similar images and although there are some lovely ones on there, I only scrolled as far as the woodpeckers then stopped because there were too many similar shots in such a short space of time. Just put up your best shot of each species, unless the shots are different enough to warrant multiples :)

Just quickly, I think you're getting there. The site isn't the best looking in the world, but it's not the worst either. I think you've actually done a relatively good job with your navigation and site structure considering this is all new to you, and the site runs pretty quickly for me.

Back