New to Mac

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
After my laptop just died on me i have got an early christmas present of a new 15" MacBook Pro.

Starting to learn a few things on how they work and the differences between windows. Anyone got any useful websites that can help me learn the useful things to know when using a Mac. I have tried a quick google but it brought up so many different results i didn't know where to start.

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny - Yoda

Sorry I can't help with any online training sources as I started using Mac's in 1987 and they were so intuitive you learnt as you used them.

On current Mac's the help is very good. Alternatively, if you bought from Apple they offer multiple one to one training sessions within the Apple Store for something like £60 - £70. That's for all the training sessions, not individual pricing.

There's a multitude of online training sources for Photoshop and Lightroom, but i suspect you are already familiar with them.

Yeah familiar with Lightroom and Photoshop as used them on the windows machine. It's the keyboard shortcodes and how files work that I am trying to get my head around.
On my windows machine I kept all my pictures on the 'pictures' folder but I can't find it on the Mac so not sure where to drop them

You could have a look at the app called "show me on an apple free"..... It's free - obviously, and it's kinda designed for all things apple but there is a section on how to do things on a Mac that you would be used to doing on a pc to get you started. I went Mac a few years ago now - apart from the first couple of months I've haven't so much as looked at pc longingly[emoji23]. Once you get used to it, I'm sure you'll find it more intuitive to use than your laptop

Oh don't get me wrong I'm very impressed with it so far and wish I had made the switch ages ago.

And think I just cracked it with the pictures as found my folder on the HD

There used to be a tutorial series on Linda (for learning, IIRC). There also used to be training sessions available in the applestore for a small charge.

1:1 with Apple staff was the best £70 I ever spent- you can have as many 1 hour sessions as you wish on any topic

Cheers for them will have a look at them shortly

Should of really checked them first....

Back