Beginner New to this advice on camera

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, first post and looking advice. I'm buying my first DSLR for my 30th and wondering recommendations. At first someone mentioned canon 1300d but after being in camera store they recommend 750d with 18-55 lens?

Would you recommend these or have been fed nonsense? I'm wanting a camera for family photos and also landscape and play a lot of golf courses an hike.

Any advice would be a great help budget was around 500£ mark

Thanks in advance

750D is one level up from 1300D so definitely worth it

However, before you jump onto a DSLR, consider mirrorless

You can have sony a6000 kit for ~£550
It's similar to or better than 750D in every respect + it's very compact so more suitable for carrying around and hiking

Yes get 750d or a Nikon 3400 or whatever number they are up to now.

Cant go wrong with either, the Nikon has the better image quality in my opinion though.

But yes you might want to look into mirrorless.

However I wish I had listened to what a photographer told me when I started. To get a used midrange camera instead of new budget camera.

To get a used midrange camera instead of new budget camera.
Agree with this, I went from an entry level ****d (Canon), to a second hand mid range **d. I find the **d easier to use.

Here is my advice go and try a few makes I would not go entry level. Make sure you like the feel of it i.e. The buttons are right for you. Look at the menu system is it logical for you. Don't settle for I will get used to it

Take a photographer friend with you who knows what you like to shoot , hold cameras play with cameras get a feel for the camera you like all the extras on said camera are useless if it feels crap in your hands hth Mike

Hello, first post and looking advice. I'm buying my first DSLR for my 30th and wondering recommendations. At first someone mentioned canon 1300d but after being in camera store they recommend 750d with 18-55 lens?

Would you recommend these or have been fed nonsense? I'm wanting a camera for family photos and also landscape and play a lot of golf courses an hike.

Any advice would be a great help budget was around 500£ mark

Thanks in advance

I think you should maybe spend some time seeing what's available and watching and reading reviews and thinking about what you want to take pictures of and maybe that'll help you decide what you'd like.

For example I mostly take pictures of my family and friends and stuff that catches my eye when I'm out walking like flowers and the landscape etc and my use doesn't need blazing fast auto focus or any fancy bells and whistles and I can therefore go for relatively low performance camera bodies and spend more on lenses.

Goop luck researching and choosing :D

I think you should maybe spend some time seeing what's available and watching and reading reviews and thinking about what you want to take pictures of and maybe that'll help you decide what you'd like.

For example I mostly take pictures of my family and friends and stuff that catches my eye when I'm out walking like flowers and the landscape etc and my use doesn't need blazing fast auto focus or any fancy bells and whistles and I can therefore go for relatively low performance camera bodies and spend more on lenses.

Goop luck researching and choosing :D

Good sound advice

It's a tricky one.
The usual advice of 'try a few and see what feels right makes very little sense due to:
  • If you can't use a camera you have no idea what controls are important to your 'style' or technique.
  • It's not reLly life threatening to swap brands
  • Starting from scratch, you're more likely to adapt to any 'system' and consider it 'normal'.

Buy something and shoot loads, do so with an open mind, there's no bad system.

Back