Beginner New to this forum

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
I am from sweden and I'm new to this forum. Photopraphy is just a hobby for me but a very passionate hobby, I just started my own page for my photos and would like for some feedback on it if you please. You can visit it at slacksson.se

Also wanted to add one of my photos. Feel free to bash.:)
Rosablommor21.jpg

Thanks in advance
Slacksson

Last edited:
Did I create this thread in the wrong section? Great start to my membership ;). I still hope you can give me some feedback though.

For a first post, to promote your own webpage is bad form.
A lot of people will just ignore it. :)
As for the pic, what can I say: it's a pretty flower. Looks a bit soft, but it's hard to say at this resolution.
Most people tend to host their pics on Flickr. It makes it easier to see full resolution pics, and the site does not have any surprises.
Personally, I'll probably not check your webpage in case you are looking for clicks :)

For a first post, to promote your own webpage is bad form.
A lot of people will just ignore it. :)
As for the pic, what can I say: it's a pretty flower. Looks a bit soft, but it's hard to say at this resolution.
Most people tend to host their pics on Flickr. It makes it easier to see full resolution pics, and the site does not have any surprises.
Personally, I'll probably not check your webpage in case you are looking for clicks :)

The intention was to get feedback, not to promote! I figured that many photographers here also have a keen eye for what works on a homepage as to how the pics are shown and so on. I guess I made a mistake with that thought. If so, I apologize for my thread.

Thanks for the tip on Flickr.

And no, not looking for clicks!

No problem :)

It's Saturday and a lot of people are out.
Patience!

Last edited:
No problem :)

It's Saturday and a lot of people are out.
Patience!

Yeah, I'm patient. The second post I did here was just because I thought I put the hread in the wrong section. Did not check the forum all that much before I created it.

I guess it's just us boring people that stays at home on a saturday night :confused:

Hello Michael, Welcome. That particular image does not do much for me, I must confess. Subject a bit dark, and a bit soft, and a bright background without a strong subject. Not for me. I had a quick look at your webpage. A random collection of images, some really nice ones. Be careful not to burn out highlights.

Keep posting.

Hello Michael, Welcome. That particular image does not do much for me, I must confess. Subject a bit dark, and a bit soft, and a bright background without a strong subject. Not for me. I had a quick look at your webpage. A random collection of images, some really nice ones. Be careful not to burn out highlights.

Keep posting.

Thank you Carol!

The original image is much more crisp and Ive must have done something wrong when I compressed it for my album and my website. Gonna see If I can do it right. I actually like the bright background...but then again...if the subject would have been clearer it would have made more sense for the whole image.

What do you mean with "not to burn out highlights"? :-D

Back