New to TP so just popped in to say 'Hello'

Edit My Images
No
Hello TP!

I'm Rupert (clearly not the only one on here) from the Aylesbury area of Buckinghamshire. For years I've belonged to another popular photography forum but unfortunately, when they revamped their site and changed their hosting company, I was no longer able to participate in conversations (something about Windows 8.1 and IE 11 that skewed things apparently, although it's not been a problem with any other forum). I've started to miss the free flow of information, recommendations and advice that are a feature of forums like this, so I decided to look around for another one ... and here I am!

I've been taking photographs since 1959 when I had my first camera, the ubiquitous Brownie 127. Now well into retirement I do quite a bit of photography with our local U3A, as well as taking pictures of wildlife, people and places for my own pleasure.

At the risk of being labelled rather old fashioned, I'd like to put it out there that I don't own or want a smart phone, tablet or laptop, neither do I 'do' Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, or any of the other myriads of internet based media stuff that seem to take up so much of people's time!

Well, that's enough about me .. I'm looking forward to being an active member of the TP forum for many years to come.

Hello there Rupert, enjoy the forum :welcome:

Hello and a very warm :welcome: to you.

Useful Sections for New Members (click links)

> The Help section contains some good general information about how we do things around here and how the forum works.
> FAQs and Guides can be found here.
> Forum Help and Support is there for you to ask questions and get one to one support if you're having problems finding your way around or working out how to do things.
> Link up with other photographers in your area for local events and days out in Meeting Place.
> Or maybe you fancy a challenge . . . Take a look at some of the organised TP challenges and competitions here.

Hello and a very warm :welcome: to you.

Useful Sections for New Members (click links)

> The Help section contains some good general information about how we do things around here and how the forum works.
> FAQs and Guides can be found here.
> Forum Help and Support is there for you to ask questions and get one to one support if you're having problems finding your way around or working out how to do things.
> Link up with other photographers in your area for local events and days out in Meeting Place.
> Or maybe you fancy a challenge . . . Take a look at some of the organised TP challenges and competitions here.

Cheers Steve, that's very helpful .. and thank you for the warm welcome!

Hi Rupert, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

Hi Rupert and a warm welcome to TP.
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)

Back