New Toy for the Summer

jewel said:
Just buy a Harley and cruise along nice and steady, now that kinda bike I can handle. ;) :thumb:

Jewel

Hmmm a Hardly drivable. Ok if you want to cruise along highway 66 but we have corners here in the uk. My mrs loves them so im afraid I have to insist on a sportsbike:whistle2:

Tried a Harley once...gutless old thing...or was that the rider ;) ?

Weather better improve....hailstoning here at the mo....I ain't picking it up in the rain...this is purely a Sun toy. Done the all weather thing years ago....ice on waterproofs by the time I got work sometimes...& suddenly wheelspinning at 60 ain't funny

Nowt wrong with Harleys :D
I've ridden a few, inc the VRod - very very nice.
Fancy a Beemer myself now (1200 GS, for those that know these things) - had the demo ride, very impressive.
I've had it with sportsbikes now, last one (RSV) left me with broken collar bone and foot. I was lucky though, could have been much worse.

Anyway, good luck with the Triumph, their best looking bike for many a year IMO. :)

Enjoy your toys but be careful out there :)

Organ Donors

I had a cousin killed on a motorcycle - accident was not his fault.

RobertP said:
Enjoy your toys but be careful out there :)

Organ Donors

I had a cousin killed on a motorcycle - accident was not his fault.

Neighbour of mine was in a motorcycle accident as well. He was only 19yrs old and he is in a wheelchair now for the rest of his life :( As fun as they are, and I know they are, I just wonder if it's really worth it in the big picture :)

I know not what you want to hear,lol :p

jewel

To keep me off the roads I keep my bike in race trim and only use it on track days and wobble round getting in everyone elses way :)

I've only got a little FS450 from Husaberg, a motocross bike with small wheels and slicks. Race in on tarmac and dirt.

Carl.

I know it can be dangerous.... person in work team was killed last year, then another team members brother was killed on the following week :(

I actually borrowed a 125 when I had one bike serviced & found it so more dangerous as you couldn't take command of the road (eg. cars overtaking you etc). Fingers crossed a bright Red Bike, with lights on, with an experienced rider not taking silly risks, will be OK ;)

On top of that I won't be riding it unless conditions are perfect & the roads are quieter. If I don't post on here for a while & Bagshawes got the photo's you'll know I got it wrong

Actually found Goverment report on Motorbike Accidents. very interesting reading , with 78% of accidents caused by car drivers !! Also following statement is worrying ...

"Motorcyclists have an especially poor safety record when compared to other road user groups. Their killed and serious injury (KSI) rate in the UK, per million vehicle kilometres, is approximately twice that of pedal cyclists and over 16 times that of car drivers and passengers. Motorcyclists make up less than 1% of vehicle traffic but their riders suffer 14% of total deaths and serious injuries on Britain’s roads (DETR, 2000)"

Maybe I'll just leave it in the garage & polish it ;) Nah !!! After reading some of the above report though you can see largest percentage is for scooters, portion of riders misjudging bends etc. I must admit I always take the attitude that the driver looking to pull out of the junction , will do so....so always primed to take necessary action. :nunu:

When I'm on the bike I have two rules in my head ....

1, They can't see you ,even if they are looking straight at you.

2, If they can see you it's so they can drive straight at you.

Be paranoid , you know it makes sense :)

I can see the attraction but due to all the other (less sensible or skilled) people who use the roads, I hope you have your enjoyment and keep safe.

BTW its a excellent looking bike :smilenod:

On top of that I won't be riding it unless conditions are perfect & the roads are quieter. If I don't post on here for a while & Bagshawes got the photo's you'll know I got it wrong

PMSL, I wouldnt wish that on anybody, hopefully we may be able to meet up at some point this summer. That said though Ive got to go for an xray this afternoon, think that the screws have come out of the plate. Wish me luck, can't stand to miss another summer.:banghead:

Well it's safely back in my garage & WHAT A BIKE !!! After not riding for 6 years I was actually quite scared when I first took off.....felt too twitchy, to quick to accelerate etc. After 50 miles back home I felt much better & the noise from that exhaust....WOW. I can only describe accelerating from standstill as the same sound from race cars (but not as loud).....a kind of bark from the exhaust....very addictive.

First impressions whilst running in (up to 6k revs) are amazing torque.....better than 900 4 cylinder. Handling seems very sharp....couldn't try out fully as a) not confident enough yet plus b) new tyres need scrubbing in (they look like slicks !!). Looks ...well the rubber knecking & number of people coming to chat to you at petrol stations says it all.

Just off to garage to remove rear pegs...no need if I'm not carrying pillions, plus opens the back up even more ;)

Neighbours getting a graphite one end of the month, so has already been round after he heard the bike pull up. A biking buddy in the making ;)

nice looking BIG RED bike dave, thought you would have had a black and white one..:whistle2:

That is a nice piece of kit Dave.

A guy I work with is still waiting for his in yellow.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for you to get yours
from placing your order?

Drive carefully.

Ages & Ages :whistle2:

On different subject already removed rear seat pegs & filled holes, plus moved rear plate up , to make much smoother lines at the rear. Looks like a racer now ;)

DJW said:
Ages & Ages :whistle2:

On different subject already removed rear seat pegs & filled holes, plus moved rear plate up , to make much smoother lines at the rear. Looks like a racer now ;)

As this is a photography forum Dave. GET SOME PICTURES POSTED OF THE BIKE..:D

Looks like your gonna have a good summer. Enjoy it mate.:)

And be safe..;) Its not you... its the other silly beggars..:(

Fairs do's. Just taken before sun dissappeared, so only snapshots....forgive composition etc etc.....but you get the idea :-

675-Quick-shot-1.jpg

675-Quick-shot-2.jpg

& a rear end as sexy as Ms Minogues ;)

675-Quick-shot-3.jpg

Will post some proper shots when I find a location that justifies this bike......dis-used quarry me thinks :whistle2:

DJW said:
Will post some proper shots when I find a location that justifies this bike......dis-used quarry me thinks :whistle2:

On a bloody track!

Seriously though that does look nice, and I'm not a bike fan.

Thought I'd wake up the thread to say that the Triumph won the 600cc group test in this months Superbike (y)

Wow. Very nice! I don't ride bikes. Dad never allowed it. :nono:

But if I did, I think I would be tempted by this bike. What is it anyway? :thinking:

Bike looks fantastic but the problem is that the looks aren't the best bit. It's the sound that does it. Get a WAV uploaded so I can shake the foundations of the office :nuts: !

Always rode Jap 4's and never got around to a Triumph before the kids arrived. Wanna swap your bike for my kids? You can have it back again at the end of the summer :LOL:

Your right on the sound with a sports can..... especially when pulling away. Might have to borrow an IPOD to record it ;)

DJW said:
Your right on the sound with a sports can..... especially when pulling away. Might have to borrow an IPOD to record it ;)

I'll be waiting with speakers turned up high! I miss my bike :crying:

DJW said:

Where are you going to get the missing cylinder ?? , it's got to have at least 4 cylinders to make the hairs on my arms stand up :D

The old CBX1000 , 6 cylinder running open pipes/bell-mouths used to make me :nono: :naughty:

Back