New Toy for the Summer

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
Picking it up Monday :)

Day675_1_800x600.jpg

Daytona675Triple_colourRed.jpg

Just had to buy the single seat cowl & trick exhaust can too ;) Bought it based on the rave reviews, so roll on Monday :D The sacrifices we make to support the English trade ;) Having only had Jap 4 cylinder bikes before, really forward to the torque & sound of the triple.

It even has a face that looks as mean as the rest of the bike (just look at that stare with the headlights), looks like a hell of a bike (I know as little about bikes as most things;)), but design wise that thing has definately got personality.

I wasn't really after a bike again, but I agree the thing looks fast when it's stood still. Just fell in love with the look of the thing.
Have the Dainese race leathers in black, some Alpine star boots & Arai helmet from last bike....some 5 years ago, so might be a squeeze in those leathers now ;)

nice. I'm just scarred by working in a country pub in the summer and being mobbed by large groups of motorcyclists in leathers :hand: that match their bikes, all wanting soft-drinks at the same time! scary.

Steve said:
You've bought two pictures of a motorbike? ;)
bwahaha :D
Gandhi said:
nice. I'm just scarred by working in a country pub in the summer and being mobbed by large groups of motorcyclists in leathers :hand: that match their bikes, all wanting soft-drinks at the same time! scary.
I think it's Jeremy Clarkson that refers to them as "power rangers" :D

PS http://www.b3ta.com/motorbikes <<needs soundcard/speakers>>

gayfight22.gif

Sorry DJW, bike looks great! Hope you have mucho fun :thumb:

I'd reply but I'm too busy wiping drool from the keyboard.

evilowl said:
I think it's Jeremy Clarkson that refers to them as "power rangers" :D

Must admit multicolour leathers do look naff. Although I do have the Iridium visor on helmet (bike helmet that is), which is reflective & freaks car drivers out ;)

mmmmmn, that is lovely, im doing my bike license in a couple of months but it'll be a long time before i get one of those.

Nice bike Dave, but do try not to kill yourself on it old bean! :shock:

I was thinking of taking a photo at 160 for this fortnights theme :whistle2: . Only joking.........I would never carry a camera at that speed :p ;)

True - that would be silly, what you want to do is get some gaffa tape and fix it to your crash helmet, and use a remote shutter release like they do on parachute photographers;)

Only joking also:)

LOL @ Orangepeels shot, that panda looks seriously scared:)

Excellent shot....knee down on a panda....ooh, sounds a bit pervy

DJW said:
I was thinking of taking a photo at 160 for this fortnights theme :whistle2: .

Got one in the album somewhere :whistle2:

Nice bike BTW , the Triumph & the new Kwak look very tasty , if I wasn't still in love with my R6 I'd be tempted to have a change :)

congrats, hopefully mine will be back on the tarmac the right way up by the end of May, 12 months after it and I ended the wrong way up on the M6.

i'm not really into bikes,but that looks awesome :)

Gary Bagshawe said:
congrats, hopefully mine will be back on the tarmac the right way up by the end of May, 12 months after it and I ended the wrong way up on the M6.

:ponders: how the hell did you manage that..:confused-

BTW Nice bike Dave.:)

ed34 said:
i'm not really into bikes,but that looks awesome :)

You know the designers have got it right when you hear statements like that :thumb:

Very cool bike you got there Dave. I like it too, and I'm not a bike person either. My hubby is though and wants one by summer too. I've held him off long enough. :hissyfit:

Be careful! :)

Jewel

CHeers Jewel....the missus isn't exactly happy...scared stiff to be precise, but hey you have to have some fun ;)....plus I've ridden sports bikes for years, so "touch wood" should be OK.

DJW said:
I was thinking of taking a photo at 160 for this fortnights theme :whistle2: . Only joking.........I would never carry a camera at that speed :p ;)

I've just bought myself one of these:

http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/dogcampro520.htm

along with a LANC remote cable to mount on the dashboard to stop/start recording and power up/down the camcorder with one button

Apparently they have tested it upto 180mph! I will be using it to get footage at the Nurburgring this year in the car :D something that was sorely missed last year.

WOW...that R1 footage reminds me what I'm missing ;) Wouldn't want to have any incriminating evidence on you if stopped by coppers though. Noticed the Triumph has computer display for avg speed etc..... now where's that reset button before Mr Plod wanders over ;)

AGHH..just saw 2nd R1 clip.....now I would not miss that !!!

Nice nice bike. As to the photo thing, i tried some camera shots whilst on my sons mini moto, works great till i zoomed in to 300mm, lost my balance and ended up a heap in mud. ;D

busterboy said:
:ponders: how the hell did you manage that..:confused-

BTW Nice bike Dave.:)

Got clipped from behind raming panier into back wheel which locked up at about 80, started to lowside then highsided me straight down the middle lane. broke about 10 bones I think.
:shock:

I won't let my missus see that post Gary.....I have enough trouble convincing her I will be OK on the darn thing.

DJW said:
CHeers Jewel....the missus isn't exactly happy...scared stiff to be precise, but hey you have to have some fun ;)....plus I've ridden sports bikes for years, so "touch wood" should be OK.

Trouble is Dave is not your ability that's in question, it's the other daft sods on the road.

Nice bike by the way.

Oh yes..... although your reactions improve on a bike pretty quick ;) People don't realise how much more concentration is required riding a bike vs driving a car......hit a bit of mud / diesel on the road with a car, no probs.....on a bike, pant changing time

Gary Bagshawe said:
Got clipped from behind raming panier into back wheel which locked up at about 80, started to lowside then highsided me straight down the middle lane. broke about 10 bones I think.
:shock:

A who where what now?

Yeah I remember the accident, just the lingo looked like chinese to me. :D

watching that r1 reminded me about being highsided off my gsxr 750 last year the collar bone really does hurt when its broken .. nice bike though ride safe man,,,,

Had a Fireblade try to high side me once.....slows you down for a while ! I'm hoping the extra torque should make it more controllable out of bends, if near the limit of grip.

Back