New Toy

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been doing a number of location shoots using natural light in remote areas and want to broaden my creative options. Just had this arrive this morning after a good, long chat with Alex at Lencarta. I think my weekend is going to be occupied while I get my head around how to use it. First impression re: operating the unit, I've tried manual, TTL, and HSS without me having to study for hours, in fact five minutes of looking through the manual and I feel confident that I don't need to do a massive amount of learning in respect of using the unit just to take images which require no special lighting effects, aside from being correctly exposed.

If anyone is thinking about this unit and concerned about its complexity, there is no need whatsoever as far as making it work in the various modes. Feels like a very rugged unit, I got the mains unit to attach to it so I don't keep cycling the battery when I have mains available. The reason I'll be using it where I could use a dedicated mains unit instead is simply down to the fact that this unit does so many things which my mains units don't.

My next consideration will be which modifiers to get for taking out, I'm thinking 60cm octabox, I have some 100cm softboxes already but fancy something a little more compact, and will also experiment with shoot through and reflective brollies as I have a selection of those.

If anyone here is using one of these on location I'm certainly interested in knowing what methods you've been trying and how it works out.

AD600B.jpg

Last edited:
I have just bought one of those too, well the non TTL model. I agree, they look a quality bit of kit. I'm looking forward to testing it out soon.

I have just bought one of those too, well the non TTL model. I agree, they look a quality bit of kit. I'm looking forward to testing it out soon.

I'll be interested in seeing how you get on. I just discovered that with a 7" reflector on that the hole in the reflector doesn't line up with the clamp for the brolly shaft on the body of the head without fouling on the underside of the head making it impossible to insert the brolly. Just got a de-burring bit whacked in the drill and chewed the hole out so it does. Obviously, wearing all the appropriate health and safety protective gear.

Reflector.jpg

Back