New Tripod

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys
just going to get my self a tripod,imquite new to photography so not to sure where start with the tripod thing...So over to you guys what`s a good starter one ? and why ?

Another recommendation for a Redsnapper tripod.

Thanks guys
i will have a look at the redsnapper website....

The only thing I have to add to the comment above is that you might want to look at ball head instead of the pan heads in the links.

this one looks about the kinda of money i want to spend on one what do you think ?
RST-283 & RSH-24 3-way Head

You could go for something different and get a Benbo or a Uniloc.

They're not to everyones taste and although I really don't like tripods I have a Benbo and it's more use to me than my previous Manfrotto which wouldn't allow me to get the positioning I want. You can get almost any position with a Benbo type tripod and mine is much more stable than my previous Manfrotto 055. I have the additional centre column bracket whick makes handling a doddle.

Also... my Benbo was made in the UK from real metal :D It makes my previous tripod look and feel like a toy :D and you can use it in water too :D They're great outdoor tripods IMVHO.

+1 for benbo. Once you get used to them (doesn't take long) they're a great bit of kit.

cool...im going to have a butchers at the benbo now........:)

You could also look at 3 legged thing... saw them at Focus but had run out of money by the time I got to their stand. I liked 'BRIAN' and it's very clever removable monopod leg....

Will you want to carry your tripod very far? Weight is a definite consideration, and for me buying a tripod is a surefire contender for "buy right and buy once". I can happily carry my lightweight tripod and head (1.3kg) all day long on the offchance of needing it, but my Redsnapper weighs twice that, and although it's excellent quality and very sturdy, it's too heavy to lug around all day.

Just my two pence worth, VANGUARD Alta Pro 263AT.......I'm still getting to grips with how much you can do with the unique centre column.

How about the trusty old manfrotto xpro 190. Good solid construction. Sturdy out in the elements. Good build quality. Will last you years. Wont break the bank :)

How about the trusty old manfrotto xpro 190. Good solid construction. Sturdy out in the elements. Good build quality. Will last you years. Wont break the bank :)

As long as they don't go into salty water, they are really good

Back