New Tripod

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
I have ordered 2 new Tripods (One will go back) as I am not sure what one I like although I am tinkering on this one,

CAYER CT3470

and the other one that I am not too sure on is

Beschoi Authority C254T-07

Both are in Carbon fibre.
I believe the Cayer is a Canadian company and they are well made, anyone here had any experience with them ?

Not familiar with either unfortunately. However the CAYER CT3470 looks like the better option to me. It "appears" to be more robust/rigid, looks very much like a Benro to me = no bad thing.
Sorry I cannot offer any real insights.

Not familiar with either unfortunately. However the CAYER CT3470 looks like the better option to me. It "appears" to be more robust/rigid, looks very much like a Benro to me = no bad thing.
Sorry I cannot offer any real insights.
Cheers John, thats why i ordered it so i can see them side by side but yes the cayer does look the better option.

Maybe the load carrying capacity and stability fully extended may make you decide

Have you taken delivery yet? What's the verdict?
Sorry I forgot about this thread lol..
Ah yes, and my verdict is that they both for me have a plus so I kept them both.
The Cayer is thick legged all the way down and very sturdy and looks really well built with a leather or leather look hand grip on one leg, no head supplied on this one though, twisties on the legs 3 parts, a center colomn again thats thick and sturdy. This tripod is tall without the centre column extended and with I think it stands at about 184 cm, at just under 160 euros I think it`s a steal.
The other one, Beschoi is not as tall, not as thick but again is sturdy, comes with a Ball head that seems well built , The plus for me with this one is that the centre column not only extends but also is able to be angled to the side at 90 degrees.
Here`s 2 phone shots of them.
20190402_061025_HDR.jpg20190402_060928_HDR.jpg

I have said it many times before (and thanks to Grahame - I think who put me on to it), the Feisol tripods are are simply stunning especially the centre pivot and extending column ... dunno if it's what you want or within budget .. but check them out. I would throw all my tripods out to keep the Feisol ..

Just orered the Cayer, been looking for a carbob jobbie for a while so cheers Graham.

at 2.75 kg seems quite heavy, also the folded height at about 60+cm when compared to others does seem long too. However maybe reflected in the price

Last edited:
at 2.75 kg seems quite heavy, also the folded height at about 60+cm when compared to others does seem long too. However maybe reflected in the price
2.14 kg so no idea where you got 2.75 but yes does feel fairly heavy but it`s something I will not be carrying that far.
Only negatif side is although not really a problem is that it is either up or down, there is not click stops for the midway height.

Just orered the Cayer, been looking for a carbob jobbie for a while so cheers Graham.
Hope it's good for you.
Let me know.

One on the right looks a lot like one i recently got.
Rollei Compact Traveler no. 1 carbon

How low do they go.... pick the one that can get the camera as close to the floor as possible if this is for your macro usage (y)

One on the right looks a lot like one i recently got.
Rollei Compact Traveler no. 1 carbon
I got that one also and yes it looks similar nut the only difference is that the extension pole does not retract on the Rollei, shame really as I do like it although it will be going with me on my next adventure in a few weeks time.

How low do they go.... pick the one that can get the camera as close to the floor as possible if this is for your macro usage (y)
Thanks Bryn, I am the Macro rig, I don`t use Tripods for this side of things, In all honesty the Beschoi can get the lowest but the extension pole can`t be replaced with a small extension pole.
The Cayer can have a small tube fitted and is supplied so in all, the Cayer would win.
So These Tripods are for Land/seascape or long exposure photography.

Last edited:
well the Cayer came today, its a fair hunk of tripod but tbh its only about 3grams lighter than the 055prob, I too have the geared head and use for landscape. I/m in 2 minds about keeping it but I do like it. decisions decisions. might look for something slightly smaller.

Back