New TVR launched

Edit My Images
Yes
It looks great - can't wait to see it running on a circuit

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/100833/new-tvr-griffith-uncovered-pictures#3
dsc_3226_0.jpg

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...500bhp-tvr-griffith-revealed-goodwood-revival

Last edited:
Well I never thought I'd see the day. Always loved TVR and toyed with the idea of buying one of the older models a few times in the past. That new one looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it tested either. Almost enough to make me want to start watching Top Gear again.

Nice shape but I'm not convinced about the "Side pipes" I guess they'd grow on you.
I certainly don't like the futuristic dash / switches either.
Nope not about to rush out and buy one.

Nice shape but I'm not convinced about the "Side pipes" I guess they'd grow on you.
I certainly don't like the futuristic dash / switches either.
Nope not about to rush out and buy one.

Those switches are just labelled wrong. The dash 'sport' button needs to be labelled 'OH MY'.

The centre console switches need to be labelled smoke, rear bullet deflector, front machine guns... :D

Side pipes are because it's completely flat underneath, f1 ground effect

It's red :puke::grumpy:

I'd love to hear an electric V8
As I said in another ( ban the Diesels) thread a pair of blue tooth speakers strapped to the roof, and a sound track of a V8 burble playing on the CD player,
and you are sorted (y)

:D

Looks too much like a chavved up GT86 to me, hate the pipes.

looks nice but its 10 years to late it is probably a polution nightmare.
its a middle age crysis car basically a 45 year old brit who doesnt want a yank mustang.

As I said in another ( ban the Diesels) thread a pair of blue tooth speakers strapped to the roof, and a sound track of a V8 burble playing on the CD player,
and you are sorted (y)

:D

The BMW i8 plays a engine soundtrack through its speakers

looks nice but its 10 years to late it is probably a polution nightmare.
its a middle age crysis car basically a 45 year old brit who doesnt want a yank mustang.

Actually the Ford v8 isn't bad on mpg. Petrol not diesel so less polluting and the car is light, 1250kg.

It's a return, so the first car has to sell, appeal to the masses, then they can produce other models, other technologies. At the moment the battery technology isn't there for a low volume, low cost manufacturer. Tesla have thrown huge amounts of money into their car, Tvr just don't have that, they are a startup.

I think it's great they have produced a stunning car with proven yet improved tech from scratch in 4 years.

Tvr just don't have that, they are a startup.

Start up; break down. Start up; break down. Start up... NOT as individual cars, as a company! (Might have understated the breakdowns and restarts.)

Many years ago, Dad used to supply them with parts for their electrical systems - crimp on connectors.

Weirdly, crimp ons are better than soldered joints in high vibration situations - soldered joints have a tendency to crack through work hardening but properly crimped connections last almost indefinitely. Look at old cars' spade connectors - they're almost all crimped.

Start up; break down. Start up; break down. Start up... NOT as individual cars, as a company! (Might have understated the breakdowns and restarts.)

Many years ago, Dad used to supply them with parts for their electrical systems - crimp on connectors.

I think I've mentioned before that I've had my car 11 years and so far it's been my most reliable car in terms of breakdowns. My Nissan Primera had a new crate engine fitted after it's first service under warranty. I believe they forgot to put oil back in it after its service and took it on a test drive. They said the cats had disintegrated and sucked parts into the engine, so it also had a whole new exhaust system after they suggested this ;)

The shiney new Mazda 6 had a whole new top end, turbo, brake servo etc as it seems they forgot to harden the camshafts correctly and they disintegrate at 25K miles. A known issue that they just waited to see if it happened within warranty or not.

No electrical issues on my car, save for a broken wire in the door and some corrosion in one of the door plugs affecting the front speaker. Nothing wrong with crimped connectors if done properly. Lets face it, the majority of datacenter wiring is done this way, the sealed plugs on all the appliances in your house, the majority of aircraft connectors, all car manufacturers...
Plus I know who built my electrical system. Tina and Carol, they signed their work :D

74242485.jpg

But you can't compare a 20 year old car with modern manufacture. Have a look at this process for how the new car is built http://istreamtechnology.co.uk/

Then it's running tried and tested bought in components, Ford 5litre V8 engine plus associated engine management, but tuned by cosworth (test mule now has 180K miles on it)
https://BANNED/GoodwoodRRC/status/905807886739095553

Forgive me for being positive, but I think it's great that someone in the current market place has put his heart, soul and money into this and produced something viable. I really hope it performs when it's handed over to journalists

https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/event...e-talk-new-tvr-griffith-reactions-at-revival/

heart, soul and money into this and produced something viable.
Lets hope that Tina Carol still work there then :D

I really hope it performs when it's handed over to journalists
In reality? so do I (y)
I must admit that I hankered after the ( first) Tuscan in my yoof,
Even the vixen would have done, but alas, always just out of my price range ..

Lets hope that Tina Carol still work there.

It's a new company, it's been 11 years since the old company closed, so no they won't be.

I had the pleasure of meeting Carol when we had hundreds of cars with factory staff passengers drove through London to present a petition for Bliars government to offer support to Tvr the same way they had for other car manufacturers allowing the workforce to keep their jobs, but they declined.

A great day out, hundreds of Tvrs gridlocking central London, great support from passersby.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It looks like a ........... shiny red sports car. Very similar to the other shiny red sports cars out there.

I love the shape of that, and the paint finish, which reminds me a lot of "Candy Apple Red" which a lot of bikers used to use on chops in the 80's, as well as hotrodders in the US.
Not sure about the wheels, but after a second look, they seem to be growing on me.
Usually with side pipes, don't they exit behind the driver's cabin - just thinking of fumes here, and the time (decades ago) when I decided to hacksaw half of my Alfa Giulietta's exhaust off, because the backbox was blowing. The sound was awesome, but I felt a bit dizzy after each drive.

I love the shape of that, and the paint finish, which reminds me a lot of "Candy Apple Red" which a lot of bikers used to use on chops in the 80's, as well as hotrodders in the US.
Not sure about the wheels, but after a second look, they seem to be growing on me.

6 of the first 1990's Griffiths we painted in Candy Apple Red, Peter Wheeler (then owner) said never again. One of them was owned by friends of mine, who unfortunately wrote it off in a motorway aquaplaning incident.. We managed to persuade Peter Wheeler to rebuild it at the factory, which he did, but it wasn't painted the same colour!!!

I've been fortunate to own 6 TVRs from a 1960 Grantura to a 96 Griffith 500, done many thousands of miles in them (an about 70 circuit days, ad sprinted/hillclimbed one), fantastic cars, and a great owners club (at last it as when I was member 1990-2013)

Its great to see the back, lets hope the car is a success.

Red with a cream interior, what not to like. But then I might be biased... ;)

I have a serious dislike of red cars, could be something to do with my job ;)

Yes please but only in Purple Paradise colour.
I dont think that colour does the car justice given that TVR are known for lary designs.

Its nice to see the return of them, i do likes a TVR!

Back