New website crit please

Edit My Images
Yes
I've just got rid of my pixelpost photoblog and replaced it with a more usable wordpress site.

I wanted something that will grow with my photography.
I'm not earning from photography at the moment so the purpose of this site is to drum up interest in getting more experience by doing shoots on TFP terms.

Critique much appreciated:

http://www.mikebartholomew.com

Thanks
Mike

site not loading at all here

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

A great time for my hosting to go down. I can't get my email either.
Very unusual for them. I'll get on to them :bang:

Took a while to load the home page, but once cached was fine.
Looks good to me, nice combination and a good choice.

Thanks Helen.
It's still down for me :thinking:
Loading time on the homepage was one of my concerns. I might reduce the slideshow down to 5 images as i have about 10-12 at the moment and i believe it caches them before starting the slideshow.

Loading time on the homepage was one of my concerns. I might reduce the slideshow down to 5 images as i have about 10-12 at the moment and i believe it caches them before starting the slideshow.

Five images shouldn't normally take that long? Might be preaching to the knowledgeable (apologies if so), but have you uploaded low-res screen images?

Five images shouldn't normally take that long? Might be preaching to the knowledgeable (apologies if so), but have you uploaded low-res screen images?

As i said there's 10-12 at the moment. I think i might cut it down to 5.
They've all been shrink wrapped for web. About 40-80kb per photo.

website still not working

Aye. I think this is what they call sods law. It's been fine all week while i've been working on it. I can imagine some techie rushing across London on a sunday night to fix it right now :bang:

I'm on 50mb with virgin, only get about 30 wireless but close on 50 when wired.

I'm on 50mb with virgin, only get about 30 wireless but close on 50 when wired.

Wow thats pretty fast. I tested it on my 20mb connection and it seemed ok too. I wonder if i should be aiming at loading times for slower connections.

ReddishSnapper is it possible you could tell me your connection speed?

And...it's down again. Why oh why has there been no problems all year but the night i launch a new site it goes tits up :bang:

Back