new website

Hi Simon.

Loved the opening page but when i clicked to enter the site it resized my browser full screen. I quit at that point because I personally do not like sites which resize my browser. It's a big no no for me.

Any reason for you to code it do this mate?

Hi Simon.

Loved the opening page but when i clicked to enter the site it resized my browser full screen. I quit at that point because I personally do not like sites which resize my browser. It's a big no no for me.

It's a choice setting - past brides I've shown it to don't seem concerned and are impressed with the wow impression that the enlarged pictures have

I will be keeping an eye on it though

Thanks

Simon

Keep an eye on your web stats. That ought to tell you whether to keep it or not.

Simon,

I think you'll find the ratio of users who dislike browser resizes to those who dont mind weight heavily in your favour. It's a hell of a lot more annoying to have to horizontal scroll to view parts of a website than to have a split second of a browser window resizing, especially since it opens from the splash page in a seperate window so anything the user has open is not affected anyway.

The site is clean, nice and sharp, quick to load, smooth on transitions so altogether a great effort.

Simon,

I think you'll find the ratio of users who dislike browser resizes to those who dont mind weight heavily in your favour. It's a hell of a lot more annoying to have to horizontal scroll to view parts of a website than to have a split second of a browser window resizing, especially since it opens from the splash page in a seperate window so anything the user has open is not affected anyway.

The site is clean, nice and sharp, quick to load, smooth on transitions so altogether a great effort.

Many Thanks for the support

Simon,

It's all very well until you close the page and then see all future web browser windows open up full screen until you manually resize it and close it again. Personally I am happy to double click the title bar to make it full screen and repeat that to restore the size before i close it...

It could well be many users aren't bothered by it but I personally prefer to control my browser window. There's also a number of spam sites which use this resize technique and my instant reaction is to close them before they have even finished loading.

Personal choice I reckon? :)

It's all very well until you close the page and then see all future web browser windows open up full screen until you manually resize it and close it again. Personally I am happy to double click the title bar to make it full screen and repeat that to restore the size before i close it...

It could well be many users aren't bothered by it but I personally prefer to control my browser window. There's also a number of spam sites which use this resize technique and my instant reaction is to close them before they have even finished loading.

Personal choice I reckon? :)

It must have been listening to you .......... I "tidied" my server files and deleted something of vital importance so it isn't working :shrug:

Oh well - over to Blu

Is there a problem with your site at the moment? I clicked the link and it takes me to a page saying that "www.simonrevill.com" has been registered.

Regards, James

Is there a problem with your site at the moment? I clicked the link and it takes me to a page saying that "www.simonrevill.com" has been registered.

Regards, James

Yes - I tidied my server a bit too vigourously ........

Regards, James

I get the same - looks like the DNS records haven't propagated fully yet - can take up to 48 hours IIRC.

On the subject of browser resizing, I hate sites that do that - I decide how big my browser is and will resize it if I want to thank you. Having said that, if, like me, you use Firefox then you can stop sites doing that (and other things like disabling the status bar and the right-click menu) (y)

Hi Simon.

Have to agree with this, i did stick it out and have a look and the rest of the site look s nice. but i hate it when people have resize scripts on there sites, most house holds and jo public that i no use there browsers at full screen anyway but when i have 2 24" wide screen monitors full screen is alot of screen.
i would take off the script imo :D

Have to agree with this, i did stick it out and have a look and the rest of the site look s nice. but i hate it when people have resize scripts on there sites, most house holds and jo public that i no use there browsers at full screen anyway but when i have 2 24" wide screen monitors full screen is alot of screen.
i would take off the script imo :D

Thanks for taking the time to look

I'm on the fence about the browser size .....

This site requires flash.

Always nice to have an alternative rather than nothing.

You have Antonio ! :D

Can i ask how and where you do your blog? I am int he process of setting one up and have no idea where to start.

You have Antonio ! :D

Can i ask how and where you do your blog? I am int he process of setting one up and have no idea where to start.

I just used the wordpress free blog - and host it on my server .... picked a custom theme

Took about 2-3 hours to get up and running

I just used the wordpress free blog - and host it on my server .... picked a custom theme

Took about 2-3 hours to get up and running

By your server you mean your site is not hosted from blu?

And I take it the theme is yours or is it a default one from wordpress?

By your server you mean your site is not hosted from blu?

And I take it the theme is yours or is it a default one from wordpress?

Sorry - yes I host with easyspace not blu - the wordpress theme is one of the free ones you can search to find .... there are loads - you load them into wordpress and then select them

Back