bob
Edit My Images
Yes
n28.jpg

n5.jpg

n43.jpg

n13.jpg

n1.jpg

The first three look a little soft to me, but I absolutely love the last one. Great capture, and would make a great photo for a "Caption Competition."

The last photograph is your saving grace, as it's quite a decent shot, but the first four would all be for the bin if I'd taken them.

You have some major focusing issues going on, back focus in the first, front focus in the second and complete misses on the other two.

Sorry about sounding so harsh, but missed focus is one thing that you absolutely can't fix in post. The way to prevent it happening again is to really learn how your camera uses it's AF, and then practice practice and a bit more practice. The D5000 is capable of some stunning pictures, and you haven't done it great justice here.

One last piece of nastiness; you need to be a bit more self critical because it is the best way to improve.

Don't get disheartened though; you may not have got the tech side right, but the composition is great and all but the 4th would have made really interesting photos. You've got a good eye for an image, and that's a hell of a lot harder to learn!

Back