New York City

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Just back from a month away with the family touring the East Coast of the US. Managed to squeeze in some surfing at Long Island, 5 days in NYC, a few nights in DC, a week at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg (awesome place), Virginia Beach, Philly (ran up the rocky steps haha) and Baltimore before last two nights back up in Connecticut New York.

Had an amazing time and filled about 5 memory cards lol.

Here a few from our first few days in NYC.

1. Times Square at night, we stayed in the Marriott with the revolving rooftop bar you can see here.

Times Square - NYC by Michael~Ashley, on Flickr

2. Text Message, Grand Central Station. I was praying the guy wouldnt move during the exposure.

The Text Message - Grand Central by Michael~Ashley, on Flickr

3. FDNY Flatiron District. A van exploded causing mayhem with folk thinking it was a bomb.

FDNY - New York City by Michael~Ashley, on Flickr

4. Spring Street, thought this old guy looked a bit gangster lol.

Spring Street NYC by Michael~Ashley, on Flickr

5. 5th Avenue, the glass cube is the apple store.

Reflections - 5th Ave New York City by Michael~Ashley, on Flickr

6. Central Park Squirrel - these guys will come up and sit on the bench with you if you have cookies lol

Central Park Squirrel by Michael~Ashley, on Flickr

You can see a few others here if you are interested.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.493865797354967.1073741836.401689806572567&type=1

Cheers guys, its an awesome place. We visit family a lot and never get tired of the place. Philly and Baltimore were a bit disappointing to be honest, I was shocked at the number of homeless people and drunks on the streets - one every 5 steps, was like a scene from a movie.

Great shots and a lot of variety there, I especially like the selective colour with the taxi cab shot which would look great enlarged as a print

Very nice shots. Favourites are probably 1, 2 and 3. On 3, is that dust on the sensor or are there still particles flying around?

Cool images Micheal. I like them very much.
Unusual seeing that Hawk I would have thought. It looks so peacfull resting there plus you captured it soooo well :)
When in reality the park is rammed. They need traffic lights installed so you can cross the main path...
It's still fab though.

Gaz

Nice shots. Really like 2 and 5. Were you shooting through the glass on 10? Seems like you have a bit of reflection in the lower left. Great set

Brilliant well photographed set Michael, and I know GCS (No.2) has been done to death but you have found a new angle, I love it.

Last edited:
Love these! I'm a NYC lover and photographs like these that capture it's brilliance remind me of last years visit :clap:(y)

Great set i want to go back now:)

Great set i want to go back now:)

Thanks all.

Here are a few more from NYC.

Looking Uptown from Rockerfeller

Urban Oasis by Michael~Ashley (Catching up), on Flickr
Central Park, Open game.

DSC_5161 by Michael~Ashley (Catching up), on Flickr
Pitch, Central Park

DSC_5195 by Michael~Ashley (Catching up), on Flickr

Bowery

Bowery - New York City by Michael~Ashley (Catching up), on Flickr

Panic

Panic by Michael~Ashley (Catching up), on Flickr

Bronx Street Dancer

DSC_5252 by Michael~Ashley (Catching up), on Flickr

I like all these, but especially the text message one in the first post.

Wow great set!

Personal favourite is number 2 - Great idea and execution to create a really eyecatching original image.

(y)

All lovely shots, but for me, 2,3 & 4 I can't separate. The last one is great as well. Maybe actually the text message photo edges it.

Back