New York City

Name
Kyle Shearer
Edit My Images
Yes
I went to New York with my sister last week, it was great. We spent a week wandering Manhattan and Brooklyn. My camera is slowly dieing on me, but I got a few shots, there may be more to come as I am still to process about 350 shots! :D

#1 - Yellow Cab
2506881498_2005153420.jpg

#2 - Yellow Cab in Times Square
2506881832_27a3edbe17.jpg

#3 - Flatiron Building
2514963250_1cf166061b.jpg

#4 - Grand Central Terminal
2514138243_794fe784e2.jpg

#5 -Chrysler Building (processing is a bit dodgy on this one!)
2514964100_b5dea284a2.jpg

#6 - Manhattan Skyline
2514966280_ac60c08987_b.jpg

#7 - Sister in Central Park
2514966844_aba1f9db8b.jpg

Lots more to come, probably! :D

Oh yeh, larger sizes available on flickr.

Thanks! :)

The potential certainly is unreal, I didn't exploit it fully, sadly. :(

One thing you must do for a good photo is go up the GE Building, in the rockefeller center at night. The views are stunning! I didn't go but a friend did, and he got some cracking shots.

Last edited:
#3 would of been an absolute gem if that white car hadnt been in the frame. It would of had an early years theme to it.

#2 wins it out the bunch for me. It has a nice composition, exposure and motion.

I know, there was a queue of cars after it and my sister wasn't wanting to hang around, those tour bus salesmen are a right pain in the arse! :D

I love NYC, been there around 7 times now in past few years, an amazing place.
The second taxi shots really captures the spirit and emotion of the place for me.
The rest are great too, but no.2 is my favorite by a long shot.

Great shots, those taxi ones stand out as said above.

I'd love to visit NY one day.

Sorry, I know it's not related to these shots (all of which are very good), but went over to your flickr to have a look at the larger sizes then spotted the 'High Fiving Cat', superb, spat tea all over my keyboard!. If you haven't done it, that needs a comedy thread of it own :)

They are all great in various ways, I'm finding it hard to pick a fave. Number 2 is ace, i love the colours and the sense of movement with the vehicles. 6 is awesome; a different perspective on the Manhattan skyline. The roof the warehouse leads the eye straight to the buildings ahead. All are very sharp and interesting. Good work. If thats from a dying camera then I'd love to see what you can do with a healthy one.

Hehe, wow - thanks! Well, I'm hoping to get a new camera soon... funds keep disappearing! :D

Hawker, I think I did have a thread full of the cat photos! :)

Last edited:
#2 for me :)

Skyline shot is good too (even if it is a little too wide for forum rules ;) )

Back