New York, New York, glad that one's out of my system!

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Always was one of my lifetime ambitions to visit, glad we went last June but not on our revisit list.
There will be too many photos to critique but feel free to comment.

1. Columbus Circle....

IMG_7760TalkP_zps0e35a167.jpg

2. Broadway.....

IMG_7733TalkP_zpsce7a82e6.jpg

3. Bored Polis........

IMG_7749_zps714ebd0b.jpg

4. Tent for the poor UN.........

IMG_8198_zps9ab81dd8.jpg

5. Makes you dizzy, 1..........

IMG_8465_zps91e7c116.jpg

6. Makes you dizzy, 2..........

IMG_7839TalkP_zpsae59daf2.jpg

Last edited:
7. Time marches on........

IMG_8539TalkP_zps4e3533a1.jpg

8. ....or stays still.....

IMG_8112TalkP_zps92112f18.jpg

9. Free carwash from the hydrant, in the morning.......

IMG_8386TalkP_zps7e45cd4e.jpg

10. Taxi drivers, relaxing in the afternoon......

IMG_8143TalkP_zpsb79063f3.jpg

11. Up in the heights........

IMG_8443TalkP_zps9cdcbd1a.jpg

12. Down to earth.........

IMG_8281_zps4ece6357.jpg

Nice documentary set.

What has always amazed me whenever I've been, when you're up one of those tall buildings....you can see so much green!

Nice shots, especially like the yellow cab getting soaked, that copper looks proper fed up...good stuff!

I do like #10, always forget how tall the buildings are, the boat and trees gives you some sort of scale.

Great set of images, some very quirky and interesting shots in there.

Nice documentary set.

What has always amazed me whenever I've been, when you're up one of those tall buildings....you can see so much green!

Thanks, Ruth, it was the size of Central Park that got me.

Nice shots, especially like the yellow cab getting soaked, that copper looks proper fed up...good stuff!

Thanks, Paul, we were having breakfast in Columbus Avenue early on a Sunday morning. I thought a police car would stop the taxi-washing but he was just waiting to get his car washed too:LOL:

I do like #10, always forget how tall the buildings are, the boat and trees gives you some sort of scale.

Thanks, Martin, one of my favourites too, waited ages to get that yacht lined up!

great shots mate

Thanks, Holty.

Great set of images, some very quirky and interesting shots in there.

Thanks for that, Adrian, I try to get a wee bit more different shots, when I can:LOL:

Interesting set, thanks for posting.

Why's that?

Thanks, gramps, it's kind of hard to explain.

New York had been on my want-to-go-there-list for about 60 years. The weather was great, at or over 100°F every day. The folk, for the most part, were very friendly and helpful.

However, it just didn't seem to have the buzz, the 24 hour a day frenetic pace, the rude, in-your-face New Yorker etc. that is always written about.

Once you've marvelled at one skyscraper, it gets a bit blasé, stood in airline-search queue's for hours to get to the Statue of Liberty, or just in no-search queue's for The Empire State building etc.etc.

Some of the bus tour guides did however conform to expectations, especially the Brooklyn tour fella.
That was the most boring two and a half hours of my travelling life.

A totally misleading sign....

IMG_8589_zps5a32f62c.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, get you ... I've often thought about it, but Brazil has been my only stop that side of the pond so far - maybe I'll give it a miss :)

Ah, get you ... I've often thought about it, but Brazil has been my only stop that side of the pond so far - maybe I'll give it a miss :)

Ah Brasil, how I loved Rio yet getting good photos, despite taking all my lenses, was intensely frustrating!

The rest of the trip up the north-east of the coastline, could have been Spain.

Mind you, they could teach them gypsies in Barcelona a thing or two;)

Reciffe and Porto da Galinhas were our ports of call and thoroughly enjoyed our several visits.

Back