New York (reprocessed)

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
Well, I got some motivation to look back at my NYC (and other urban) images since there is apparently a market for them with some of my interior customers.

The starting point was a bit of mess since the Manhattan bridge was undergoing repair work with WHITE SCAFFOLDING and there was only one decent sunny morning

We start with blue hour shot. I stayed just across the bridge in Manhattan and I was surprised how long it takes to walk to the other side!

So far we are only looking at scaffolding reduction and colour correction. Still it took me a couple of hours. Not perfect (perspective-wise) but a hell lot better than starting point.
I printed a 24"x12" version (less blue top and bottom) and it seems OK to hang on wall.

No 2. Early golden hour.

Same as above, except, the reflection was broken in quite a few places as you may still tell around the middle so I just went ahead and replaced the bottom bit. Any pointers are welcome to make it look 100% real. It is never going to be sold as documentary so as long as it looks reasonable and desirable we are on the money.

No 3. On the bridge (1)

I don't know why I like it but I do. Light bulb replaced in the nearest street lamp, rubbish bin neutralised as best as I could. There is still room to comp in some portrait if I ever decided to do so.

No 4.

Golden hour version. Edits to remove scaffolding, restore light, neuter bins.

N0 5.

This is probably far too much, but why the hell not?!

N0 6.

Maybe this LE is more viable? I'm just not too sure on that.

It is very unlikely I will come back any time soon, and if I do I will likely skip NY and go directly to national parks so I really had to do something a little more extreme to make something out of pretty much duff RAW shots.

Please feel free to say it all but please also try to look at it from hotel / business owner perspective.

No 3 looks very slightly off straight to me, but it could be an illusion.

I would pick 1, 2, 5 and 6 for inside of a room, as they give the most illusion of space/distance. I think I would use the others in larger open areas. Its just personal taste though.

Overall a very nice set, definitely to be proud of. I hope they sell very well.

Shame about the scaffodling - really does have a big impact on the image.

Number 5 is a really excellent shot. Only criticism of it is that I may lay of the vignette slightly.

The reflections I feel are doable there just must be super rare. Rarer than properly still Loch Lomond, which I've seen maybe once or twice at most.

The first 2 shots were actually nearly there. 1 is "as is" and as I mentioned in the description 2 only has only the very bottom bit changed. It got super choppy from there onwards. Since I have no plans to come back there any time soon (way too expensive to stay, and other than the bridges I'd rather just go straight to the likes of Yellowstone if go across the pond) why the hell not have something out of it.

Back