New Zealand

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
I went to New Zealand for a awesome holiday, and came back with these shots.. Used a 30D /w 10-20mm Sigma, and a 40$ Tripod on some occasions.

Milford Sound River
2198527792_a8f43a87db_z.jpg

Farewell Spit
2206218363_b78cc2cf0a_z.jpg

2197741679_016c7efd87.jpg

Fox Glacier
2197740293_112f3f2228.jpg

Mt Cook
2206236063_2c950a8ee5_z.jpg

Mr Manguanu (sp)
2197739939_b2cf41b3ea_z.jpg

I have hundreds more, but don't really want to over saturate this thread!

I just want to go back with a real camera!! It's the best place I have ever been to, these are fab shots of some of my favourite places ...

It was a blast. A photographers dream. :)

A few more, for fun.

He woke up after hearing my mirror snap... left very quickly. Sorry it's not landscape..
q2LhA.jpg

Obligatory road shot
ceiyM.jpg

Feet got very coold shooting this. bare foot!
iyqZH.jpg

christchurch summit road
GLhnE.jpg

I'm in NZ. Good shots, tell the world how good it is, we need the revenue :)

John

Some good shots there. These make me more determined than ever to tour the South Island then next time we visit NZ.
NZ really is a photographers paradise.

We were there throughout March 2009 and stopped with relatives just outside Palmerston North (rural district 10 I think), so a belated Hi :wave: to John Middleton.

The seal shot reminded me of a close encounter I had on a beach in NZ, I thought I was going to get my ankle bitten by a crazy seal...they blend in so well I didn't see it till I nearly stood on it!...

I'm moving to NZ in November. Near you in fact John! I should really invest in a better quality wide angle lens before I do to make the most of the amazing scenery.

Good shots Simon. Particularly like the road shot.

My favourite place had to be Milford Sound. We went Kayaking around the sound, I took my camera but it only came out of it's dry bag when we popped ashore.

I'll post more in the future :)

I'm moving to NZ in November. Near you in fact John! I should really invest in a better quality wide angle lens before I do to make the most of the amazing scenery.

Good shots Simon. Particularly like the road shot.

yes, buy a 17-35/16-35/14-24 before you get here, like hens teeth over here and expensive too.

jeez these are ridiculous.... the Mr Manguanu is stunning, love the colours in all of them. I don't mind if you saturate the thread with more examples ,bring em on :D

Lovely shots, making me super excited for my move back to Wanaka in a couple of weeks!
:love:

Was the last photo in the first set taken near Tauranga? If so it was Mt Maunganui

I used to surf there a lot and spent many mornings atop on that seat
Nice views both ways

%7B295FFF30-6D46-4306-A787-CDFDA9A41671%7D.JPG

photo credit: David Wall http://www.davidwallphoto.co.nz

Coming from NZ I recognise most of those locations
Farewell Spit is my favourite image you have taken and shared

i love new zealand, been there twice, can you post more shots i love looking at them

Terrific set. Really nice shots there - all of them. (y)

My favourite place had to be Milford Sound. We went Kayaking around the sound, I took my camera but it only came out of it's dry bag when we popped ashore.

I'll post more in the future :)

Simon, kayaking the Milford with my wife is high on my wish list of to do things.... but with three youngsters, not so easy to get away. It may have to wait a few years yet.

Anyone coming to NZ, feel free to drop me a line. Would love to cath up over coffee as you grab a breather.

The South Island generally has the nicer scenery, the north Island the nicer people:love::LOL:

Where to Matt?

You quickly get used to standing on your head.

John

yes, buy a 17-35/16-35/14-24 before you get here, like hens teeth over here and expensive too.

I was tempted buy a couple of 17-35s that were on the classifieds recently. Just need to save for another D700 first before any more lenses. Hopefully I'll be able to afford both before I move or the Sigma is going to have to suffice!

Anyone coming to NZ, feel free to drop me a line. Would love to cath up over coffee as you grab a breather.

The South Island generally has the nicer scenery, the north Island the nicer people:love::LOL:

Where to Matt?

You quickly get used to standing on your head.

John

Wanganui. Just up the road from you really. I may be catching up with you for that coffee shortly!

and obviously amazing scenery, a real pleasure to see. Maybe get there myself one day!

Awesome shots, Simon! Farewell Spit my favourite for its contrast! Looks like you had a fantastic time. Another place to add to the wishlist!

You guys need to go.. Not only is the place so beautiful, it's super relaxed and chilled out.

@getnoticed. Yeah man, Mt Maunganui. Was a nice walk up there actually, great scenery. :)

I was tempted buy a couple of 17-35s that were on the classifieds recently. Just need to save for another D700 first before any more lenses. Hopefully I'll be able to afford both before I move or the Sigma is going to have to suffice!

Wanganui. Just up the road from you really. I may be catching up with you for that coffee shortly!

75km away, my work takes me all over the lower north island so I'm through Wanganui or working there at least once or twice a month!!

Drop me a line when you get settled in.

John

Back