Newbie Advice

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I recently bought Canon M50 mark ii and was given an old Praktica B1 camera some time back which no longer works but the lens is in excellent condition. Is it possible to use that lens on the Canon body? Thanks in advance and I apologise if it's a completely stupid question.

No they won't fit directly as the Praktica has a screw fit and a Canon has a bayonet fit.

I don't know if there is an adaptor that will do it, but I very much doubt it. If there is I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to say so.
BTW - welcome to the forum. :welcome:

No they won't fit directly as the Praktica has a screw fit and a Canon has a bayonet fit.

I don't know if there is an adaptor that will do it, but I very much doubt it. If there is I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to say so.
BTW - welcome to the forum. :welcome:
I thought the Practica B series had some kind of bayonet mount?

Hi and welcome to TP

There do appear to be adaptors to mount Practika B mount lenses to Canon EOS EF & EF-S but I could not readily see one for the EOS-M mount as per the M50

PS as your old lens is manual focus and should you find a mount adapter, it will likely cost more than the lens is worth i.e. not economically worthwhile trying it out.

Last edited:
Bit of sentimental connection to the Praktica I was given and would love to carry on using part of it. Thanks anyway for all your help

Hi Barry, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Back