Newbie alert ⚠️

Name
Claire
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all..... ,
My name is Claire and I'm in Hertfordshire.
I have just got a camera from my sister that she no longer is interested in.
It's a Canon eos 1-d Mark iii.
I know it's a very advance camera for a novice like myself But I love it.
I have watched some videos on good old YouTube..... but need to know the best place to start.
I'm interested in birds , wild life and the sea......
Any help with any courses , book and youtubers to follow would be much appreciated

Hi Claire, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Welcome to the forum Claire, nice camera to start you off!
Have fun here, let’s see some images ;)

Welcome Claire, you should find lots of good advice and guidance here, and we look forward to watching your journey into photography by sharing your images with us. We have all levels of ability here and a wide range of photographic interests. You've got a great camera to get going with by all accounts.

Hi Claire and welcome to TP

Though an older model, still very capable and everyone has to start somewhere:)

In case it did not come with the Canon User Manual here is the link to download it.

Your interests cover a range of subjects that would suit different lenses so perhaps if you said what lenses that you have, that might inform posts to aid your learning curve.

Hi Claire and welcome to TP

Though an older model, still very capable and everyone has to start somewhere:)

In case it did not come with the Canon User Manual here is the link to download it.

Your interests cover a range of subjects that would suit different lenses so perhaps if you said what lenses that you have, that might inform posts to aid your learning curve.
I have a Canon ultrasonic EF 85mm 1:1.8
& canon zoom EF 90-300mm 1:4.5-5.6......
+ ring flash

Back