Newbie First DSLR Pics C&C Please

Edit My Images
Yes
These are my first shots using a 'proper' DSLR borrowed from a friend until I get the funds together for my own.
For those interested I used an old Fuji FinepixS2 Pro with a Nikon Telephoto lens in daylight without flash.

Comments greatly appreciated.

Aswing.jpg
[/IMG]
H21.jpg
[/IMG]
H1.jpg
[/IMG]
a_h.jpg
[/IMG]

To me, there're great. If your saving up, you could have a look at DIGITALREV on ebay I saved more than a grand buying cameras and lenses for my wife and me.

Maybe a flash would have brightened them up a little or would that have been a mistake (I am sure someone who actually knows what they are talking about will be here shortly to answer this!)

cowasaki Re: Newbie First DSLR Pics C&C Please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To me, there're great. If your saving up, you could have a look at DIGITALREV on ebay I saved more than a grand buying cameras and lenses for my wife and me.

Thanks for that i shall check it out later (y)

Generally not bad at all!

You have used f2.8 for all these shots which can be good for portraits as the very narrow depth of field isolates the subject from the background. Unfortunately in the last one it is too narrow to get both kids in focus.

Making them smaller for the forums has made them softer so they all could do with sharpening.

Aswing1.jpg

edit: on the sharpened version it is more obvious that you missed focus on the eyes, which is important for portraits. Still good for a borrowed camera :)

Thanks Robert,
I can see the improvement straight away on your edited image and i take your point reference the focus on the eyes. I've got a steep learning curve that i think i'm gonna enjoy.:)

Back