Newbie from south Hampshire

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi from lee on the Solent !
I'm a semi pro portrait tog with a passion for landscapes! I'm the one that leaves home at 4 am to travel 100 miles on a Saturday morning to capture sunrise ......View attachment 30118

Here is my latest capture

Hello and :welcome:

Hi Mandy! I got deleted from fb and really don't miss it apart from the banter and meeting with the 600 photographers I had around the country and Europe so I need my fix

Hello Mark and welcome to the forums, very nice shot.

Hi Mark, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

View attachment 30254thanks for the welcome! This is an old image from 2010 but still one of my faves..... Boxing Day morning at sunrise! It was minus 5 degrees and slippery....

Hi Lee, amazing shots there.

I'm in Portchester so not so far from you.

Who's Lee? Lol

Ah ha! Hello !

Isle of Wight ????

How is the south side of Isle of Wight for light pollution and shooting astro???

Ha, my bad! I was reading another post and see a name...ran with it..do you mind changing yours? :p

How is the south side of Isle of Wight for light pollution and shooting astro???

Quite good I think. There are quite a few over here posting their Milky Way shots. Plus we are converting to LED street lighting so the orange glow over built up areas is disappearing.

Steve.

I will have to plan a trip

Ok mate cheers

[QU OTE="quango2k, post: 6717521, member: 77026"]Facebook, the mother of all arguments..[/QUOTE]isnt it just

Mark, have you been to Worth Matravers seafront for any shoots? Im planning a trip there in a couple of weeks for some long exposure shots. I went there a few years ago climbing..and was kicking myself for not taking my gear with me.

Nope never been ! Where is it?

Mark, have you been to Worth Matravers seafront for any shoots? Im planning a trip there in a couple of weeks for some long exposure shots. I went there a few years ago climbing..and was kicking myself for not taking my gear with me.
Found it! When are you planning going? I could be interested

At the end of the month I think. Want to get there early afternoon until the evening. Get some long exposures there as there isn't a lot of light pollution there. Hopefully when the tide isn't all the way in as there are some interesting caves there.

Sounds intriguing ! I'm in!

At the end of the month I think. Want to get there early afternoon until the evening. Get some long exposures there as there isn't a lot of light pollution there. Hopefully when the tide isn't all the way in as there are some interesting caves there.

Will have to keep an eye on the tides

To be fair, high or low tides there its still pretty good. I remember seeing a crack that goes down deep through the rock, its only a foot or so wide...but its the scariest thing stepping over it! its very very deep :)

low tide is like this..

Kimmeridge.jpg

high tide is like this

worth-matravers-seacombe-winspit-38.jpg

This gives a good idea of what is down there..
worth-matravers-seacombe-winspit-35.jpg

im thinking when it is dark, throwing some high power orange glow snap glow sticks deep in these caves for effect for some night time long exposures..hopefully with a clear sky!

The first is kimmeridge bay

I know..just used it for reference as I couldnt find of where the caves are :)

Yep

Back