newbie here

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
hey there,

I've been researching and looking up lots of stuff to do with photography the past few months, in the hopes of taking it up as a hobby.
and that's led me here! so here i am!

I don't have much experience of photography except the 'usual' point and shoot holiday/friend kind of photos.
But I've decided to take it to another level, to go out and fill my day, well some of them, taking photographs of everything and anything.

so far, i don't have a camera (but i think ive figured out which one i think is best for me).
I use an electric wheelchair, so i'm trying to find ways around inevitable hurdles that will be thrown up along the way. I've bought a ball head, and i'm hoping to make an attachment of some sort to attach to my wheelchair. I've also been looking at the canon 60D as this seems the best camera for me as it has a moveable live view. although i'm still debating what lens to get!

Thanks for your time,

andy

Buy a Nikon. :p

Seriously, welcome :D IF you are interested in Nikon, I'm pretty sure the viewfinder on the D5000 moves, but either will do fine :)

Have fun!

Last edited:
Hi Andy,
I'm not in a position to advise in dslr buying cos I've no experience of them. Just wanted to say hello and welcome.

I am sure you will get some sound advice on here.

Martin

Thanks everyone for the welcomes :)

I'm hoping to learn lots here and hopefully contribute more and more the more i learn

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum. 60D will be a great camera but there are others with move and tilt viewfinders.

If you need a specific bracket I have a very good friend who may be able to manufacture based in the North West(y)

Back