Newbie in Cardiff

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey. My partner was recently kind enough to buy me a Lumix GX80, which is the first camera I've owned that allows for manual/aperture/shutter priority modes. I'd gotten rather fed up of borrowing and using hand me downs that limited me so I'm very excited!

Planning to head to the parks as the weather improves and to a friends wedding at the end of the month, so between then and now I guess I need to get some practice in. Does anyone have any advice for what I should focus on mastering before that?

Welcome.
Take images, experiment, see what works, what doesn't. Mostly it's all about the light, so watch the direction of it, the quality and use it to your advantage.
Composition is also important, but best of all don't feel pressure to take amazing images, just enjoy yourself. Photos are more often used as memories, to capture that moment. Concentrate on capturing those memories, especially at the wedding.There's always little side stories happening all over the place at a wedding.

Hi, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Hi, enjoy the forum and the camera :wave:

Back