Newbie looking for which camera advice

Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I'm new here and just looking for some advice. I'm new to photography as a whole and am looking to get a decent-ish first camera for taking general photos.

I've been offered a nikon d3000 for £200. Firstly is this camera any good, and secondly is this a decent price? Also, are there others you would recommend in this price range?

Thanks in advance
Wayne

Assuming it comes with a lens that's a great price - you won't get anything as new for anywhere near that price.

Bargain, even without a lens (y)

Edit to add, just been looking at kit lenses for Nikon on ebay and you could pick a second hand one up for £60, they're 18-55mm zoom lenses, plenty good enough for general use, but beware, the bug bites hard on your pocket..
Also what't the condition like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies, I've decided to go for it! How long before I'm spending silly money on new equipment??

Have you got the camera yet....? ;)

Poss a week...

Once you've got it (and if it has a kit lens) play around with the settings and try all sorts of things :)

I'd recommend a low iso and using 'A' Mode. But try them all.

Once you've been shooting for a while, check out the Raw option (I think there is one) and also note if you use a particular mm. If so, see whether there is a (fairly) cheap lens that fits it and upgrade ;) followed by..... lots of stuff. Oh and post up your pics in here. Most people will give advice on composition/pp/focus and ideas of things to try to improve.

Enjoy your (expensive) hobby!

Have you ordered a memory card for it yet? if not take a look at SanDisk 111 4gig. Beware there are lots of fakes out there so get one from a shop.

Realspeed

Last edited:
Back