Newbie onboard

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Edit should have put this in the welcome section, if someone could move it

Good evening all

Just thought I would say hello before I bombard with all the questions.

I have been interested in photography for years to some degree, but never had anything other than a point and shoot or my phone.

However a few weeks ago I came across an old but bargain Micro 4/3 camera, Olympus E-PL1. It came with the kit lens but more interestingly for me I managed to pick up a vintage 24mm prime lens with the relevant adapter. I find the manual nature much more rewarding.

One of my main goals is to take my camera on my cycle rides, but I am also interested in a little street and portrait work.

I'll upload a few photos going forward.

Last edited:
Evenin' Jon and welcome to TP. Will look out for your photos - glad you found us.

M43 is a very handy format for cycling because it's so small, and if you do have an off, the older bodies etc aren't expensive to replace.

Evenin' Jon and welcome to TP. Will look out for your photos - glad you found us.

M43 is a very handy format for cycling because it's so small, and if you do have an off, the older bodies etc aren't expensive to replace.
Yes.i am really pleased with the size of the camera it drops straight in my coat pocket.

I actually went on my bike to pick it up so it's had it's first ride.

I just need to stick a decent gallery on on of my websites and I'll start sharing some images.

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy yourself here :welcome:

:fuji:

Hi and welcome Jon.

If you ever spot a cheap film era 50mm f1.8 it might be worth getting for longer shots , tighter framing and shallower depth of field.

I'll look forward to seeing you in the various threads.

Have fun :D

Hi Jon, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

I had a couple of parcels in the post I won on eBay. I got a 200mm prime lens which I want to play with when I visit my Mums as she lives overlooking a river estuary and I think I could get some nice shots. It cost me £8 so no significant loss if it doesn't do what I want.

Secondly I had the first of two Speedlight style flashes arrive, these are really to have a play with learning how the shadows are created etc and how I can bounce the light. Both Jessops ones, one quite old and another much newer but both have s1&s2 mode which will let me play.

Back