Newbie photographer, first post. St Asaph's church

Thanks for the feedback. Yes its a really stunning church, did take some photos inside but my limited camera skills failed to do it justice.

Nice photos there, I really like the second one

Very nice set indeed.

Very nice set Mark.
All look good.
No2 maybe just a little too much dark in foreground dominating shot. Possibly using forced flash could have lightened it up.

Thanks for all the feedback much appreciated. Looking back at pic No2 the foreground is a bit dark thanks for the advice will take it on board.

good set of pics- would look better if you straightened them up in photo shop

Hi,

My local area, close anyway...guess you shot these yesterday as it's pretty much the only sunny day we've had here in North Wales for a few months

The slant is very pronounced on most of the shots and does spoil them a little for me, the key is to try and keep the camera level when taking the photos although it's difficult if your lens doesn't go wide enough.

Nice effort for your first post...well worth revisiting too for some softer evening light

Simon

Will take all comments and advice on board for my next outing, thanks.

2nd shot's my pick. I like how the trees for a natural frame.

Great pics, I like toe 2nd one. Did the lens distort the bushes because the effect is cool.
What was your setup?
You definately had better luck posting your pictures then I did.

Great pics, I like toe 2nd one. Did the lens distort the bushes because the effect is cool.
What was your setup?
You definately had better luck posting your pictures then I did.

Yes peter the lens was a sigma10-20mm wideangle, I think the setup i used was iso 400 shutter speed 1/200 f8. I also found it difficult trying to upload a picture so youre not alone.

Really like the photos, Mark :)

Bit of a shame about the loss of detail in the clouds in the last shot, but the general exposure and composition is spot on! Great stuff.

Back