Newbie Pics

Name
Michelle
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I am a complete beginner at this but thought i was show a couple of pics taken with OH's SLR. I have no clue about settings etc but just literally snapped away on auto. C+C appreciated.

Michelle.

SouthPark13thOct100-Copy.jpg

SouthPark13thOct119-Copy-1.jpg

PC260202.jpg

DSC06318-1.jpg

Any comments/feedback welcome

Not fantastic but considering your newbieness they're not bad. A little reading up on composition would help ;)

A few tweaks with levels, red-eye removal and sharpening would improve them and make some good family snaps :)

Gary

Hi Michelle

Firstly, welcome to TP :wave: you should pick up the DSLR more often (y)

Ok, to the shots:

#1 - I like this one, although on auto the cameras meter has overexposed/blown the highlights of the image a bit.
#2 - The composition of this is a little confusing to the eye. If your willing models were reversed your eye would lead nicely into the image from Dad's face to child's face into the background and birds. A bit of PP on this could sort out the highlights also.
#3 - Aaaaaah (y) eye contact would lift this one a bit, but I love it!
#4 - Yuk :D

There are loads of nice books/mags out there that explain exposure, aperture/ISO/shutter speed/focal length bla bla bla... once you understand the basics your results will improve to.
Most of all, don't take any comments to heart! Photography is great fun, take LOADS of shots and learn from them.

Back